husband broke his leg.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by GUIENALADY, Aug 5, 2010.

1. GUIENALADY

GUIENALADY Rest in Peace 1956-2010

May 1, 2007
    Belvidere nc
    well on july 30th glenn went to get the mail and on way back passed out and broke his leg and laid out there for two hours before i found out....mail box is up a long drive way... [​IMG] they had to send him to norfolk va for surgury on sat 31st. put a rod inside his leg from hip to knee it broke on a old break from years ago when he broke same leg in 25 places. so have been up there almost a week and just had to come home and take care of some things.

while in the hospital have had drs ck out as much as possible on him, they did a cat scan and found he had in past had some Tia's. but no new ones, but his heart is only doing 45% of capacity.so no wonder he is always tired and no energy. they did do a blood transfusion and between that and fluid build up he had one bad night , bp was either up or way down. and a fever. wheezing. but is doing better breatheing better and getting albuteral treatments. pysical therapy is a bit slow. so definatly needs some rehab, which he does not like. but has no choice in the matter, since i have surgury for hysterectomy on 17th he need s to be able to walk lots better or be where he can be taken care of sinc i won't be able too.

soo lots of fun this month. [​IMG]

had two sets of friends taking care of the animals, one did inside and one out side and both rather dropped the ball. especally the one inside. came home today to crap all over the kitchen and no food in bowls, the iguana may have gone hungry a couple of days.. the outside ones were in pretty good shape, though lost one young guiena. had to spend 2 hours cleaning poop and washing dirty rugs before i even felt like i could stand the place.

sleeping on a hospital cot just about ruined my back..so am looking forward to my own lumpy bed tonight.[​IMG]

2. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm sorry for your troubles. Good help is SO hard to find. Wish I was closer so I could look after your critters. [​IMG]

3. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

((hugs)) I hope things get better for both of you and for the critters. I am too far North of you to be of any help but I wil sure keep you in my thoughts.

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Wow! I hate to hear of your troubles. Hoping your DH is on the mend quickly. [​IMG]

5. keedokes

keedokes Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    Oh, no! That sounds like you have a LOT on your plate. I hope things start evening out for you and you can find someone reliable to take care of your critters when you have your surgery. I too know how hard it is to be able to rely on someone to take care of everyone exactly as they need to be taken care of.

Good luck on your husbands recovery, and get some sleep!

6. TyrannosaurusChix

TyrannosaurusChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    Savannah, NY
    [​IMG] for a speedy recovery for the both of you

7. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Oh, my gosh! Prayers for you both. So sorry your friend didn't do what they said they would. If we were closer I'd be happy to help you out.

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Praying for a quick recovery for your husband and a return to normalcy in your routine.[​IMG]

9. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

So sorry to hear about your DH! I know how bad you felt when he layed there for so long and you didn't know. I check on DH and have even driven where he is mowing to check on him, because even with a cell phone he can't hear it ring or feel it vibrate when he is on the mower. . .so I really understand about that. Glad he seems to be on the road back!!

Really angry about your inside animals . . .biffer is right, good help is hard to find. Wish I lived closer, you would not have to worry about inside or outside animals. I can imagine how you felt about cleaning too, and you didn't need to deal with that on top of everything else. . . .hope that person doesn't ask you how they did taking care of your animals. I think I would have to be more than honest in my reply.

Thoughts and blessings to you and your DH!!!

10. GUIENALADY

GUIENALADY Rest in Peace 1956-2010

May 1, 2007
    Belvidere nc
    thanks so much for the thoughts and prayers. glenn is now in the rehab/nursing home 7 miles from home now. got him there today and somewhat settled in. of cours first thing i heard was I don't like it here...i said i know but it is how it has to be and he will see me everyday, course he wants me to stay all day, which is not going to happen have too much to geat done and prepare for my surgury on the 17th. told him once he can begin to move make friends ect.

the friend doing the inside dogs can just play with them if she wants, i have some one else that is going to take over inside and out side animals. .so hopefully will go better next time and hopefully i will only be in hospital 3 days after surgury. don't know what is going on with the friend that was supposed to do the inside animals she has always done a good job in the past. did talk to her but just was too tired to get into it with her. anyway have some to do it hopefully better.

the cot is slept on at the hospital just about did me in still feel like a pretzel! it was almost to the floor and it was like trying to get a beached whale up off that thing everytime i had to ge up![​IMG] time for me to hit my lumpy bed and crash for a while ... will keep everyone posted.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by