Husband is cheep cheep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjasquirrel

Free Ranging
5 Years
May 11, 2018
Northwest Indiana
I love my husband dearly but hes so cheap! We do not have trash pick up at our home because he doesnt want to pay 30 bucks a month for trash services when we can just put it in his parents trash bin. I've been dealing with this annoyance since before we were married. We dont generate that much garbage, probably 2 bags a month. But every time we have a bag I have to drive it to his parents house and then they want to talk at me for upwards of 2 hours. Because of this it takes a huge chunk out of my day. In addition I have to drive recycling to the recycling center about once a week or it piles up in my kitchen. Plus I think his folks are beginning to get annoyed with it. His mom complained that the last time we brought garbage it stunk up her can. I finally got him thinking about it but hes being stubborn. I'm at a loss right now as to how to bring it up again.:thAny advice is appreciated!:caf

I love my husband dearly but hes so cheap! We do not have trash pick up at our home because he doesnt want to pay 30 bucks a month for trash services when we can just put it in his parents trash bin. I've been dealing with this annoyance since before we were married. We dont generate that much garbage, probably 2 bags a month. But every time we have a bag I have to drive it to his parents house and then they want to talk at me for upwards of 2 hours. Because of this it takes a huge chunk out of my day. In addition I have to drive recycling to the recycling center about once a week or it piles up in my kitchen. Plus I think his folks are beginning to get annoyed with it. His mom complained that the last time we brought garbage it stunk up her can. I finally got him thinking about it but hes being stubborn. I'm at a loss right now as to how to bring it up again.:thAny advice is appreciated!:caf
Maybe try to explain about how the garbage keeps piling up in the kitchen when you forget to bring it to the recycling center and how annoying it is to go drop it off at the recycling center once a week and it's a lot more convenient for you to just drag the garbage to the end of your driveway so they can throw it out.

Maybe try to explain about how the garbage keeps piling up in the kitchen when you forget to bring it to the recycling center and how annoying it is to go drop it off at the recycling center once a week and it's a lot more convenient for you to just drag the garbage to the end of your driveway so they can throw it out.
I mentioned the convenience issue last time we brought over a bag of garbage after his folks talked at us for 3 hours straight. He claims that this is only due to the fact that he doesnt visit them as often as he used to...which was everyday on his way home from work. Now its about once a week. He says its worth the minor inconvenience to not pay the cost of pickup. Maybe I should track my gas usage to and from?

I mentioned the convenience issue last time we brought over a bag of garbage after his folks talked at us for 3 hours straight. He claims that this is only due to the fact that he doesnt visit them as often as he used to...which was everyday on his way home from work. Now its about once a week. He says its worth the minor inconvenience to not pay the cost of pickup. Maybe I should track my gas usage to and from?
Try to explain to him that paying for gas to bring the garbage is more expensive than actually letting the garbage workers pick it up

I suppose I should also mention that when he did stop over after work everyday it was for 2 hours each time. Theyre retired so thats not an issue for them but it is for us. His mom acts like you're being rude for wanting to leave and go home. I try to be nice and say "i cant stay" or "i cant stay long" but you still end up at least 2 hours there. She even follows you out to your car still gabbing. Ive had her hang on to my car door so I couldnt shut it to leave.

Tell him to take the trash when he visits them once a week.
I pretty much told him if he wants the inconvenience to embrace it and take it himself. This still leaves me the responsibility of taking the recycling but as of right now I'm taking spinning wheel class in the town where the center is so technically its on the way. It just looks disgusting having recycling pile up in my kitchen. It makes me feel like I cant have a clean home

Tell him to take the trash when he visits them once a week.
The difference is that he works at the steel mill. Their home is on his way home from work and he cant take the garbage to work with him because of the mill rules. This means he has to come home, get the garbage and then drive halfway back to work to his parents house to drop it off. Then get talked at for 2 hours. So not home officially until 6 pm. While thats not advantageous for him its worse for me because I need his help at home. The whole thing is a catch 22

His mom complained that the last time we brought garbage it stunk up her can.
Did you tell him that? If his mom complains about it, I would think that that could put an end to it.

I can take my recycle stuff away only once a month, so I have it in big bags in the basement, out of sight and out of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom