Husband is getting PROMOTED!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by mandelyn, Dec 11, 2009.

1. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    Yay! Finally!! My husband is in the Army in Allied Trades... looong promotion time for those job types usually. He has 9 years in... FINALLY got promoted to E5! I had to tell somebody, he wants to tell his family so I can't call them. I'm a Sgt's wife now! Now I need to get put on that "other" housing list so we can move. I moved back home for awhile to save some money, but wanted to move back since being away from each other sucks. Or since I don't want to part with the chickens, perhaps the new BAH allowance will be enough to rent a chicken and dog friendly house in the country. [​IMG]

2. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    [​IMG]

3. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Congrats Thats sooo awesome and uplifting.. You here so many sad stories about people losing jobs that when someone gets promoted its time to celebrate.... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]:bun

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Awesome!!

As the wife of a retired E7, I can totally relate. He was an E7 for a loooooooooooooooooong time. With his specialty, he was never going to make E8, so he retired . . .

Good luck getting back into housing. I know how it feels to be separated like that.

[​IMG]

6. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    Yeah he might see E6... but E7?? LOL Can we say Warrant Officer? Either that or an MOS change if they give him one.

7. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Congrats from another military wife!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by