Husband moved the chicken fence...GRRR!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Muggsmagee, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    My husband has great work ethic and feels that if everyone doesn't "go, go, go" they are wasting their time. [​IMG] Well, yesterday I willingly wasted my time away! (Probably on BYC! [​IMG]) He took it upon himself to work, work, work, and reroute the chicken fence to make room for the coop he needs to build. When he moved it, he didn't protect (cover, fence in...) my young hazelnut bushes. I noticed today, the hazelnut bushes are smack dab in the middle of the run and chickens picked the leaves clean off every single one of them! I've struggled for 2 years trying to grow them! Grrrr!!! [​IMG]

My dream of homemade Nutella is set back again! I can't be mad at him...because he works so hard. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  2. hensonly

hensonly Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    upstate NY
    Oh, bummer!! Can you pound a couple fenceposts in and surround the bushes with some chicken wire to save them? Hope they can grow back before winter...

3. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    That's right ... look at the positive [​IMG] Your tree may grow back... but we all know how fragile the ego is [​IMG] You've got a good man with good intentions (???) enjoy your rerouted run [​IMG]

4. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Quote:I used a big tomato cage flipped it upside down and wrapped it with chicken wire. By the time it out grew the top of the cage, it was too big for them to pick

5. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    You wanna share your recipe for HOMEMADE NUTELLA? [​IMG]

6. Muggsmagee

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Quote:Te he he...I seriously was going to wing it! I love the stuff, and if I could grow the hazelnuts, that was to be my first culinary test with them!!! If/when I ever get a harvest, you bet your butt I'll share my experimental recipe!

7. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    Quote:O.M.G ... my husband's twin! BUT, I can't believe he LET'S YOU *wink* waste your time away .. I'm usually STRAPPED to mine until I'm completely exhausted, crying "UNCLE", and crawling into my bathtub knowing that I only have a few heartbeats left before I leave this earth!

I've never been around someone who could goooooooooo more.

BTW .. sorry about your hazelnut bushes .. sounds just like something my DH would do .. [​IMG]

8. Ironmaiden

Ironmaiden Chicken Maiden

Jun 14, 2010
    Kansas
    Hmmmm. Men. Ahem... [​IMG]

9. downstownlady

downstownlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Conroe, TX
    My husband is a good hand...it is just getting him going that is the tough part. [​IMG] The absent minded professor...do a crossword puzzle, drink a cup of coffee [​IMG] ...get distracted by the washing machine [​IMG] ...now what was it I was about to do??? [​IMG] LOL But once he finally gets going [​IMG] ...he is a great hand!!! [​IMG]

10. Muggsmagee

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Quote:O.M.G ... my husband's twin! BUT, I can't believe he LET'S YOU *wink* waste your time away .. I'm usually STRAPPED to mine until I'm completely exhausted, crying "UNCLE", and crawling into my bathtub knowing that I only have a few heartbeats left before I leave this earth!

I've never been around someone who could goooooooooo more.

BTW .. sorry about your hazelnut bushes .. sounds just like something my DH would do .. [​IMG]

Ba ha ha ha!![​IMG] The reassurance that I'm not the only one is comforting. Here's a pic for your viewing pleasure....wish I had a "before".

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by