Husband saved me...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Cetawin, May 1, 2008.

1. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    unfortunately! I went to get the girls' food and as always there was peeping going on. I went to look and there three Rouen ducklings and one Blue Swedish duckling. I asked if they were spoken for, expecting the normal.."Yes, they are already sold" and she says "NO, they are ready for homes".

I was thinking....I could use two cute duckies. I have a bathtub I could share with them, they need a good home, yes I need them and they need me.

THEN [​IMG] husband walks around the corner and the feed store owner yells...HEY she just bought 5 ducks. I see my husband's stunned and displeased face and say..."Dear...LOOK [​IMG] Aren't they CUTE? They do not fly! Duck eggs make great omelletes" [​IMG]

he said..."NO, you are getting 20 more chicks in a month or so...no ducks"

Oh how I hate it when he stops my impulsive fuzzy butt euphoria. [​IMG]

They were soooooooooooo cute. He is going out of town tomorrow. Wonder if I could go grab two of them and hide them for a week or so? hehehehehehehe

*she walks off to get coffee and plot the duckie takeover* muahahahahahaha

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  2. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Somewhere in the back of his mind is a litte voice screaming that he's only delaying the inevitable and that he'll never win. mwahahahaha! [​IMG]

Of course, he is a man and he never listens.... [​IMG]

3. peeboo

peeboo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    fort bragg nc
    that is hilarious. it's terrible how our mr's. can get in the way of our happiness. [​IMG] lol they dont understand how hard it is to say no to FUZZY BUTTS [​IMG]

4. RobinEgg

RobinEgg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    boo hoo hoo hubby won't let me have ducks either...and I get the same song and dance...."you have more chicks ordered NO DUCKS" why cant they see in cuteness in ducks

5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    oh he saw the cuteness and that was his problem. LOL He knows me...6 chicks led to 20 more being ordered and therefore he knows 2 ducks will lead to 10 more being ordered. hahahahahaha

The man knows me way to well. he just forgets how sneaky I can be. muahahahahahaha

6. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    Um, I brought home 5 ducklings, and can guarantee there will be no more ordering.....messy little sloths [​IMG]

7. Frizzledhen

Frizzledhen Spear Gunnin' Coons

Feb 17, 2007
    Michigan
    If my husband were still alive, I know I would have 250 chickens instead of 150. He was that sort of guy. [​IMG]

8. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    aaawww frizzled I am sorry to hear that yours is no longer with you. The secret to my guy is...

he will let me have whatever I want but he has to have his bluster showtime first...unless I show him the advantage for him.

example: chickens...they lay eggs and eats eggs, he loves eggs so...chickens no problemo. hahahaha

9. lovemychicks9

lovemychicks9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    You girls just kill me! that was my laugh for the day/ I know how messy chicks can be and I sure don't want to clean up after duckies!!!![​IMG] You girls have gone quakers I think. I must admit that I have 10 chickies and all I want is 2 more for an even dozen but hubby says no, --------but he is a over the road truck driver and gone every week, I was thinking-----could I hide just 2 more or would they just blend in with the other? After all how cute are they and why CAN'T I have more!!! I am the one who takes care of them, he just wants the eggs. [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Frizzledhen

Frizzledhen Spear Gunnin' Coons

Feb 17, 2007
    Michigan
    I think with most men they just want to feel as though they are in charge. But, us women know who is really in charge and the smart women manipulate the situation so the man still feels like he is in charge but we end up getting what we want. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by