Husband trying to winterize the coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by pattyhen, Nov 11, 2014.

1. pattyhen

pattyhen Chicks Ducks oh my

Apr 20, 2007
    My husband is putting up insulation on the walls of the coop and covering it with paneling. He come running in the back door telling me he needs help in the coop. He says the chickens are wanting to go to bed and they are biting him and yelling. I go out there and he is trying to put the perch back on the wall and he has a buff orp standing on the back of his leg and biting his back. She is tired of waiting for him to hang it and she wants to go to bed. The whole coop is in total chaos. All the chickens are walking around trying to figure out where they are going to sleep for the night. I grab the orp and hold her along with the light so he can see to put the perch back on the wall and they slowly began to settle down. I couldn't stop laughing when I saw all the commotion in the coop.

pattyhen

2. yellowchicks

yellowchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2014
    NJ
    My Coop
    Never ruin a girl's beauty sleep. How would you like the contractor decided to renovate your bedroom when you are ready for bed? :)

3. bigmrg74

bigmrg74 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2014
    Clinton Michigan
    Tell him to nail faster!!! [​IMG]

4. mtngirl35

mtngirl35 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2013
    Tennessee
    [​IMG]Too bad you didn't get video for us to watch!!!

5. bigmrg74

bigmrg74 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2014
    Clinton Michigan
    *Slow Clap*

This!!! [​IMG]

6. pattyhen

pattyhen Chicks Ducks oh my

Apr 20, 2007
    I really wish I could have gotten a video of the chickens last night. My sweet little chickens had enough of all the commotion and by gosh they were ready for bed. Skittles the buff orp was the ring leader of the whole bunch. My husband said she followed him when he come inside to ask me for help. She was making sure that he come back out to hang that perch. As soon as I saw him kneel down to hang the perch she was on his legs biting him in the back. I couldn't stop laughing when I picked her up and assured her that it would be done shortly. When he was done I sit her on the perch and two more chickens tried to join her. She run them off she was the one that got this job done and she wasn't sharing her perch with anybody.

7. lovemy6hens

lovemy6hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2013
    Central Texas
    Too funny!

8. tcstoehr

tcstoehr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2014
    Canby, Oregon
    Whenever I have work to do in the coop, I make sure all materials are prepped and ready to go. Construction may begin after standard laying hours and must conclude before dusk. I don't want any trouble.

9. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    I throw scratch in the run whenever I need to work on or clean the coop.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by