husband wont eat eggs!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by scooby, Apr 10, 2009.

1. scooby

scooby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2008
    sevier valley,utah
    My dh will not eat our eggs! he will only eat store bought eggs. our chickens started laying this last december and since the first time we ate them he said they taste funny and they just dont taste right to him. we have never had fresh eggs before we always ate store eggs, untill we move to the country and i decided i wanted to raise chickens. i do agree with him that the consistency is a little diffrent when cooked and the taste is a tiny bit diffrent but not as bad as he makes it out to be. we use to eat a ton of eggs before the chickens, now the eggs just go stock piled in the frig because he refuses to eat them. i can get him to choke them down scambled but his favorite is over easy and he just wont eat them at all that way. So what can i do to resolve this issue? any advice? tips ? HelPPP!!!
    anyone else ever have this problem?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  2. Dread Pirate Roberts

Dread Pirate Roberts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    NorCal
    Those eggs came out of a chicken's butt.

Store bought eggs are nice and clean.

3. scooby

Jun 29, 2008
    sevier valley,utah
    so is it mental? lol

4. Up-the-Creek

Up-the-Creek Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    West Virginia
    Put them in store egg cartons and tell him that they are store bought. My Dad is the same way,..weird.

5. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    Humm put them in a carton and say you bought him some? Have no idea what you can do, but try making them into deviled eggs to use them up faster and egg salad, maybe after eating them like that for a while he will get use to them. I think its more the idea of knowing where they came from that people have to get over.

6. scooby

Jun 29, 2008
    sevier valley,utah
    I tried the develed egg thing didnt work actually nobody liked them for some odd reason even my daughter and they are usually gobbled in a minute!!

7. lengel

lengel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    MA
    I had the same problem with DH for over a year. He would order an omelet at a restaurant and I would get mad.

The problem is that fresh eggs can be so much richer than those pale yellow store bought ones. I have to change recipes because mine don't need milk or other spices for omelets. It's like making fresh peas for someone who's always eaten canned. The flavors are just different.

I left DH alone for the longest time and now he eats almost a dozen a week - and markets them at his work as well. Find someone else who will appreciate them and wait him out. He'll come around.

8. Peaguy

Peaguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    May,Texas
    Real Men eat quiche you know... [​IMG] become an expert quiche chef? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. scooby

Jun 29, 2008
    sevier valley,utah
    funny thing is i'v tricked him into eating them by making one egg sandwich fron store egg and one from home and he never said a word but he caught on eventually. now he knows when we have store eggs and when we dont before i make breakfast!

10. Up-the-Creek

Up-the-Creek Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    West Virginia
    Of course you could trade him in on an fresh egg eating model. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by