husband wont eat eggs!!!

scooby

Songster
11 Years
Jun 29, 2008
sevier valley,utah
My dh will not eat our eggs! he will only eat store bought eggs. our chickens started laying this last december and since the first time we ate them he said they taste funny and they just dont taste right to him. we have never had fresh eggs before we always ate store eggs, untill we move to the country and i decided i wanted to raise chickens. i do agree with him that the consistency is a little diffrent when cooked and the taste is a tiny bit diffrent but not as bad as he makes it out to be. we use to eat a ton of eggs before the chickens, now the eggs just go stock piled in the frig because he refuses to eat them. i can get him to choke them down scambled but his favorite is over easy and he just wont eat them at all that way. So what can i do to resolve this issue? any advice? tips ? HelPPP!!!
anyone else ever have this problem?

Last edited:
Humm put them in a carton and say you bought him some? Have no idea what you can do, but try making them into deviled eggs to use them up faster and egg salad, maybe after eating them like that for a while he will get use to them. I think its more the idea of knowing where they came from that people have to get over.

I tried the develed egg thing didnt work actually nobody liked them for some odd reason even my daughter and they are usually gobbled in a minute!!

I had the same problem with DH for over a year. He would order an omelet at a restaurant and I would get mad.

The problem is that fresh eggs can be so much richer than those pale yellow store bought ones. I have to change recipes because mine don't need milk or other spices for omelets. It's like making fresh peas for someone who's always eaten canned. The flavors are just different.

I left DH alone for the longest time and now he eats almost a dozen a week - and markets them at his work as well. Find someone else who will appreciate them and wait him out. He'll come around.

Real Men eat quiche you know...
hide.gif
become an expert quiche chef?
bow.gif
clap.gif
celebrate.gif

funny thing is i'v tricked him into eating them by making one egg sandwich fron store egg and one from home and he never said a word but he caught on eventually. now he knows when we have store eggs and when we dont before i make breakfast!

Back
Top Bottom