Husband's attitude towards the chicks

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by candicesj, May 14, 2010.

1. candicesj

candicesj Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2010
    I got 3 chicks for the first time last week. They are 2 weeks old right now and are just adorable! I'm building the coop for them on weekends and plan on keeping them there all winter. I have fears that it might not work out to be suitable, and had mentionned that to my husband when talking about my plans.

He was already not happy with me getting some since it's not 100% legal and he wasn't happy having them in the house for the 4 or so weeks they will stay in the house either!

Today though, he tells me on the phone: "I know you love your chicks so much, and in the winter if they don't have a place to stay, maybe we can close out the spare bedroom for them and they'd have a nice place"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! My spare bedroom for chickens!?? Hell no! It's carpet and it's INSIDE! Omgosh, what was he thinking? I think he's falling in love!

2. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Winter?!?! We are not even out of spring yet! LOL

3. jojo54

jojo54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    BC Canada
    Quote:I know the feeling. I have Lulu, a lame sometimes house chicken (until this week she laid her egg in the house). My DH carried on about people who feed their dogs from the table. His were all trained not to beg, yada yada yada. . . Well who feeds Lulu part of his Peanut Butter sandwich in the mornings? Who lets her beg at the table? You guessed it! He created a monster. You can't rustle a plastic bag with Lulu in the house or she comes hustling over to get some bread, BREAD, BREAD!! [​IMG] [​IMG] He is away working right now living at his sisters and she tells me that he talks about Lulu all the time.

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  4. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Be grateful...it sound like you have a DH that wants you to be happy and is willing to go the extra mile for you!! I think he deserves something special [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by