Husband's New Job...Help?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by turney31, Aug 5, 2011.

1. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Well DH is 51 and retired for awhile now, has been looking hard for a job for over a year, without much luck. Times are hard on the Swampy Duece. [​IMG] Well someone opened a bar 2 miles from our house. It has a soul night, a country night and the rest of the time it is latin/hispanic. He was hired as head of security and bouncer. [​IMG] He was almost a foot taller and a hundred pounds heavier than any of the other applicants....well.... he is white as a biscuit and knows no spanish at all. [​IMG] A lot of non english speaking patrons.

He can look menacing, no problem. Do you all know of any phrases in spanish that he might learn quickly? Short and to the point?

Thanks in advance,
    Micah

2. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

I worked security for many years in some of the roughest joints around. The trick is to not be seen as menacing but to be seen and be fair and firm at ALL times.

And they will understand the launguage just fine. [​IMG]

Trust me. [​IMG]

3. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

I got offered a bouncer job years ago, because the bouncer that was working THOUGHT he could kick me out. [​IMG] [​IMG] He was wrong. [​IMG]

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

The ONE phrase I know in spanish may help: Yo no tango tiempo para ti. I have no time for you.

5. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

Quote:Bird, I used to really dread guys like you. [​IMG]
    Made me have to get off my comfy barstool.... My pepsi would get warm.... Sometimes I even had to get my hands dirty. [​IMG]

A good bouncer never hits anyone and makes the person think leaving was their idea to start with.

6. Sir Birdaholic

[​IMG] UNO MAS CERVESA! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    Quote:Why ti and not tu?

8. Sir Birdaholic

Made me have to get off my comfy barstool.... My pepsi would get warm.... Sometimes I even had to get my hands dirty. [​IMG]

A good bouncer never hits anyone and makes the person think leaving was their idea to start with.

[​IMG] He must have been a good bouncer, cause he never hit me! [​IMG] Well, he tried. [​IMG] Man, I'm glad those were the "good ole days"& not still going on!

9. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here Premium Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS

[​IMG] He must have been a good bouncer, cause he never hit me! [​IMG] Well, he tried. [​IMG] Man, I'm glad those were the "good ole days"& not still going on!

He didn't hit you cause you were running too fast? [​IMG]

10. Sir Birdaholic

Shhhhhhh......... I have a "manly" image to uphold here! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by