1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

husbands sister needs to go rant

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by mikensara, Sep 20, 2011.

1. mikensara

mikensara Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2011
    New York
    Let them stay with us [​IMG] they treat our house like their own dumpster diving way of life. I said i wasnt going to have my house looking like a pig sty. His sister tell their family I called them pigs. I told my husband they need to find another place to live I have always kept the house clean why should I let them take over and destroy everything we have done. Its easy pick up your belongings and put them away and the house stays neat and orderly.
    Its ok to eat out of jars and put them back. My husband told me his sister is diabetic so its perfectly ok if her blood sugar is low to not be conciderate and its not ok for me to throw out items she eats out of and puts back for others to use. Its ok for her to scream at me and call me names and tell me how much her and her kids hate me. Its not ok for me to tell her to find someone else to take them and tell her I will not allow her to use my vehicle if she cant treat my home or myself with respect. Its ok for her to call their older sister and have her older sister and her husband write on my facebook wall and for them to call me names and tell me its not my house I do not pay for anything here, and I am the one whos causing problems. Its ok for my husband to tell me he doesnt want to hear about it when tried to talk to him about it. Its not ok for me to tell my husband I want my home back, I want them to leave. [​IMG] Its ok for me to be unhappy in my own home.[​IMG]

2. whitecra

whitecra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Oklahoma
    RAnt all you want. I don't blame you.
    Chris

3. goobhen

goobhen Chicks Rule

Dec 6, 2008
    Indiana
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Well, I have been in your shoes, but not DH sisters...... Just say six years later, everything is better and hard feelings are gone. Took a lot of forgiveness on all sides, would not trade our combined family for anything! But the first two years were the hardest! I will lift you and your family up in my prayers! I have learned one thing, their nasty feelings are not YOUR fault, it is on them, could it be because they have to live with you? Did they lose their house? They probably aren't liking themselves right now! It is easy to post junk on FB, but I would ask why isn't she living with her other family members? Maybe they don't want her too!
    God bless and good luck, theresa

4. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Sorry for what you're going through...I don't think your rant was anywhere near long enough...unless you're gearing up for round 2!
    It's tough when a husband either refuses to get involved, worse when he sides with them. There's a lot of us out here that feel your pain & pray for you!

5. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    I'm sorry, and wish you strength.

6. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    Do you have family you can stay with?

I'd be gone....long gone.

7. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

It's time for them to move on to some place else where they can be as dirty as they want to be and scream and yell at each other and not the people who are putting a roof over their heads and I presume feeding them as well.

Posting crap on FB? Fine, shut it all down, nobody needs it anyway.

Most importantly, it's way past time for your husband to support YOU! You need your house and your life back, they need to get a llife of their own.

8. mikensara

mikensara Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2011
    New York
    they were evicted for destroying the trailer they rented and having a bunch of feral cats with infectious diseases breeding rampant and releiving themselves everywhere. I felt sorry for them so agreed to let them stay here. They have not looked for a place to live and have always been well slobs. things i overlooked cause they are family i just didnt think they would put a strain between my husband and I and now I am stuck

9. darkmatter

darkmatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    I've had to deal with shirt-tail relatives "down on their luck" needing to move in "till they get back on their feet". I feel for you, kick the @@@ out and ignore the backstabbing gossip from the rest of the clan that thinks You can afford it. I learned my lesson---never let them in unless you give them a no leeway deadline to get the @@@ out.

10. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    And it's NOT ok for you to be unhappy in your own home. Give them an ultimatum (sp?) or move out and let hubby clean up after them. He may realize he's wrong soon enough.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by