Husbands trip to Dr ended up at the hospital

I had Aurotic Valve Bypass replacement surgery and two stents in 2005. Reassure your husband it will be fine! He will finally get to breathe normally and enjoy life. He MUST do as doctors tell him after the surgery for a short time (walking, not lifting anything) then he is free to run like the wind! I made a trail walking around our place here as soon as they said "WALK". It looked like a funny little parade with the dogs and chickens walking along behind me. I had to use a cane for a few days but then my speed increased and the cane went bye-bye. Tell him to hang on to his little pillow. It will be his best friend for awhile (behind you of course). Our prayers are with you and your husband through this until he is well. Know that prayer warriors are in full armour and out in force for you both. any questions I can help with just write and I'll try to give any help I can.

guienalady,
Hope all went well today.you and Dh are in my prayers.Please keep us posted as to how your DH is doing.....
fl.gif

wee.gif
hi all, sorry took so long to get a update to you...the operation went well and everything is fixed , a leaky valve doing great and had to do 2 bypasses...and got the heart back in rythem... he got out of the hospital on fri the 9th, but since he has been really unsteady on his legs drs thought he would benifit from some rehab.

so got him into a rehab in elilzabeth city ,, unfortunately it is also a nursing home and he IS NOT A HAPPY CAMPER. since he went in on fri eve nothing has been done as far as rehab goes. and he cannot sleep there.it is way too noisy for him ,misses the dogs , chickens and being home.

also after surgury he also has diabeties...according to drs will probabaly not last long and is due to the shock to his system from surgury. he is taking insulin and already have begun decreasing the amount. so that looks like it might go a way.

so since he is being such a hard head about doing rehab at the nursing home will probably have to take him back out tomarrow and get him home after a dr appt.also my reasoning was with him in rehab wouldn't have to worry about him walking around here and falling if i was out side.

of course he is doing what he is not supposed to do..using arms to push up , don't seem to matter how much i or any of the nurses or drs tell him not to do that.
rant.gif
he absolutly will do as he wants
somad.gif
he.gif

2 nurses at the hospital got in his face and told him what would happen if he insits on using his arms
rant.gif
, i am really tempted to
smack.gif
up side the head.

anyway just to let you know he came thru well better than most the drs said and should survive.IF he willl listen about not using arms or falling and breaking the sternum.
idunno.gif

I am glad to read he pulled through the surgery so well. It is his stubborness that will keep him going when the depression sets in. It is coming. After all the meds and once he is home and somewhat normal the meds will begin to have an undesirable emotional effect on him. Sorry. But you need to be warned.
hugs.gif

Great News
thumbsup.gif
Just remind him that the nicer he his to the nurses and staff, the more they will be willing to help him with therapy and that will get his buttocks back home sooner!!
I'll keep praying for him.
Hugs
Christina

Glad to hear the surgery went well. Sounds identical to what my father had done 2.5 years ago. He did just fine as well. Hope hubby decides to listen up about using the arms though. They can be so stubborn, can't they??

Quote:
I'm glad he is doing so much better and MissPrissy is right on the money about the depression. It almost always happens. It did after my brother's open heart surgery and also after my mother's hip replacement. The depression set in about 5 weeks after the surgery and was tougher on her than the operation.

Quote:
I'm glad he is doing so much better and MissPrissy is right on the money about the depression. It almost always happens. It did after my brother's open heart surgery and also after my mother's hip replacement. The depression set in about 5 weeks after the surgery and was tougher on her than the operation.

Oh yes, my dad went through that as well.

guienalady,
I am so happy all went well with the surgery.Please take care of yourself ,You'll need plenty of rest to take care of your husband.It's hard on the care giver too.....

Back
Top Bottom