1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

husbans take advice

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by panner123, Jun 6, 2008.

1. panner123

panner123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    When cleaning the brooder room DO NOT use the wife's vaccum.[​IMG] It will plug up in no time and the wife gets ugly the next time she wants to use it.[​IMG] It takes hours to get all the chips,
    feed and other little goodies unplugged.:thun Maybe I should only have one brooder working at a time.[​IMG]

2. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    [​IMG]

3. FutureChickenMan

FutureChickenMan Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2007
    Quote:Ya know, in my house this kind of comment will get you the following response:

If you don't like how I do it, do it yourself.

Be happy he helps with your critters even if it's not done right.

4. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Quote:Buy him a shop vac. [​IMG]

5. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

*That's fine!! As long as he doesn't mind buying a new vacuum!! A *Very, Very Nice* new vacuum. [​IMG] ;D

6. FutureChickenMan

Oct 29, 2007
    Quote:Buy him a shop vac. [​IMG]

Actually, shop vacs are lousy for vacuuming up after chickens. They don't have good dust filtration on them and just blast the femat dust out the exhaust port. Kinda defeats the purpose. I use an old hoover that has the normal dust filter on it as well as a hepa filter. After I'm done cleaning up I take the filters out to the shop and blast them out with the compressor. (out side)

7. panner123

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    Quote:Well they are the grand daughter's and mine. Beside the the point and I have more than one shop vac, useless in the house.

The response of "If you don;t like how I do it, do it yourself", would get me no dinner unless I cooked it and a cardbroad sandwich lunch. For anyone that has never had a cardbroad sandwich, it is a piece of cardbroad between two pieces of bread.

8. FutureChickenMan

Oct 29, 2007
    never heard of a cardboard sandwich.. had a few jam sadwiches before.. that's when you jam two pieces of bread together.

9. FloridaChickenChick

FloridaChickenChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Lake County, Florida
    Look, I know I'm the new kid on the block but all these recipes belong in the recipe forum.

:) Jam sandwiches...I'm going to laugh about that all weekend!

10. panner123

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    Quote:You should take notes on these recipes. You will know what to put in your hubby lunch if he goofs up. Now a jam sandwich is for something that is a little wrong or out of place. A cardbroad sandwich is for those times when the hubby really gets it wrong. They are real tough and hard to digest.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by