Hush....New stealth coop in Ahwatukee

Coop10X

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 27, 2011
Ahwatukee
Greetings from the Great Sonoran (just HOT!) Desert! Well, my first post after lurking for months and this summer's project is just about done...Just add sand, feed, water, and girls! My backyard GardenCoop is finally ready for occupants. I just hope the neighbors stay cool...

First: Brand new to chickens...Our five girls, four Marans and one EE are being held at another super secret location.
Second: Finding BYC was easy using Google....I'm still amazed you can't read to the end of the page without it wrapping around the next page! Very active forum!
Third: Birdogs, bicycles, grandkidlets, and really old jeeps and an understanding wife occupy most waking hours.

Why does it always take longer than than you think it will? Started on the 15th of June with a mix of old recycled and new lumber and a nostalgic mix of my Dads' old hand tools and some modern power tools. There were more than a few trips to the hardware store and online to Amazon for supplies. Thank goodness I don't also charge for blood, sweat and tears...They were in abundance
tongue2.gif

From there it was just a matter of following the plans. I'm no carpenter, but I am stubborn!
wink.png

Pics are uploaded...Sorry, will post them live when my spam prevention probation is up.

Regards, Coop.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom