Hybrid?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MaggiesOrganic, Oct 8, 2013.

1. MaggiesOrganic

MaggiesOrganic Out Of The Brooder

Jun 18, 2013
    Hi there,

Here is a photo of Goldie, our mystery chicken. She is about 5 months old and very petite. Nice personality, never aggressive with any other hens. Beautiful golden color with dark-brown (maybe black) feathering on wing tips and tail tips.

Any ideas on the breed? Some type of hybrid? I really think she is my beauty queen.

-AB in Alabama
    [​IMG]

2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Yes, she looks like a mix to me. Appears to have some Buff Orpington in her, but I'm not sure what other breeds are in her.

3. MaggiesOrganic

MaggiesOrganic Out Of The Brooder

Jun 18, 2013
    Thanks Wyandottes7! I tend to agree!! I wonder if she is mixed with Dominique? She is best friends with our Dominique rooster and they came from the same farm.

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    No Dominique, at last not recently, or she'd have more black and a mixed type comb. I've seen several hens similar colored on this board over the years and wish I knew exactly what they are, they're just so pretty! If I could reproduce the color and temperament--everyone always says they're the sweetest birds-- you could really be on to a nice backyard bird!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by