Hydrogen peroxide is a NO!!!!!

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Angelpoo, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Angelpoo

Angelpoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2012
    Just putting this out there... Do NOT use hydrogen peroxide to ckean your animals cuts... Actually you shouldn't be using it on yourself either. It's a wonder how us as people are not informed about this by the medical system! The bubbles it creates will only push the infection and bacteria down! Flush with warm water and soap for minor wounds. If worse visit a vet.... Or your doctor if its you..

2. leonphelps

leonphelps Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Bucks County PA
    Ill leave my medical and pet decisions to someone with other than 24 posts on a pet board. Thanks for the concern though.

3 people like this.
  3. Angelpoo

Angelpoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2012
    Actually this is what nurses are learning in there long schooling years. But it's your choice

4. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    And this is why I and so many others have no trust for a Nurse or Doctor.

Any thing that you put on a cut could, "push the infection and bacteria down" even soap and water that is why you should put a Antiseptic on the cut.

If you think about is there's not much difference between Hydrogen Peroxide and Soap and Water,
    Both are mostly water, have bubbles and a poor Antiseptics.

Chris

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  5. marlo1968

marlo1968 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2012
    Lorenzo, TX
    geesh...... calm down...the way to treat a cut is to let it bleed briefly, that will flush out the dirt, then rinse with warm water, wash with soap, add an anitbacterial ointment and cover. keep clean and wash frequently. That goes for any animal, human or otherwise. Just common sense. Hydrogen peroxide can be used it just needs to be diluted, it can actually damage cells. I don't recall the dilution ratio though.

Of course if its a large or deep cut, or a gash, (in my opinion) it should be seen by a vet or doctor, use your own judgement of course.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by