Hydrophobic Musckovy?

nes

Songster
10 Years
Jun 22, 2009
Outside Ottawa
We got 3 little ducklings on Saturday, and I set up a little dog-bowl pool for them. None of them are big fans of the water, but one of them absolutely hates it! I can only get him to stay in there for a few seconds to cool off IF the other two are in there & I have to splash him first.

What gives?

I read Muskovys adapt well to environments with less water, but this is unreal! I thought all ducks loved the water?

IMG_2290.jpg

Louie bailing out. It's the only way I can tell Louie & Hewie apart, Louie HATES the water!

Last edited:
Cute
love.gif
!!!!! I orded 2 welsh harlequin ducklings from metzar farms and they will be here on the 29th...cant wait!!

Last edited:
Each duck tends to have it's own personality. Some of mine love to swim all day long but others rarely go in unless their drinking it.

Quote:
My little muscovy duckling will stay in the water for a few minutes and then jump out. she's 2 1/2weeks old. My other Muscovy ducks love to play in their pool. Maybe it just takes time for them to get use to it.

aw, there so small and cute! are you warm right now? i'm sure it's because there little, i know at first mine weren't to interested in water they all now really enjoy it(7wks)

i have four 6 day old muscovy ducklings and they all LOVE playing in water! i even put them in a kiddie pool with a couple inches of water in it and they swim and splash and play around
lol.png
these are my first muscovy's i've ever had but i'm sure like someone else said, it has to do with personality
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom