1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

hygrometer advice please

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by julieb41, Mar 19, 2015.

1. julieb41

julieb41 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2015
    Hi,

Just bought my first incubator and wondering what type of hygrometer to get. I've seen some battery powered ones on ebay. Do I just put it in the incubator and leave it there? Thanks for the help.

Julie x.

2. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    Congrats on your purchase and warning: hatching is addictive. I just have a digital thermometer/hygrometer combo. Yes, you put it right in the bator and leave it. You may want to calibrate it first and check the accuracy. Here is a link with how too: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/285284/calibrate-your-hygrometer-two-methods

Welcome to the group and if you have any questions ask away. :)

3. julieb41

julieb41 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2015
    Thanks for the advice. I have ordered one. I've kept a few hens for eggs for a couple of years, but want to start raising them for meat too now, and figured an incubator would be more reliable than waiting for hens to be broody. Looking forward to getting some eggs in there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by