1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

hygrometer question

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by embkm, Feb 11, 2009.

1. embkm

embkm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Colbert, Ga
    This might seem like a silly question, but lots of people keep saying they got their hygrometer/ thermometer at Walmart. What section would you find them in? I've looked in the pet section, the hardware section, and the kitchen section. I don't know where else to look. And when I asked the teenagers working there, they look at me like I'm crazy and have no idea what I'm talking about.

2. RonnieAtkeson

RonnieAtkeson Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2008
    Tahlequah Oklahoma
    Geez, embaressing, i work at walmart and cant think of the name of the department. They are located wiht the outdoor themometers if that helps. It should be fairly close to hardware if its set up like my store.

And it wont actualy say Hydrometer on it. Get a springfield precision (little white one) for less than 7$. It takes both Temp and humidty readings and runs off 1 aaa battery. You can get a 4 pack for .97$

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  3. chubbydog811

chubbydog811 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    New Hampshire
    if you dont want to go to Walmart - I got a thermometer and hygrometer set at petsmart tonight - the pack from Flucker's. They aren't digital, but thats what I would rather have (I have a thing against digital things like that)...It was $14 and some for the 2 of them.

4. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    Near the plumbing stuff in the hardware section there's an aisle at my walmart with various thermometers, hygrometers, and weather stations. My other one I got in the reptile section of petsmart.

5. andehens

andehens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Scenic Sierra Nevadas
    I found mine in the hardware section at Wmart, by the cooler supplies.

6. embkm

Jan 16, 2009
    Colbert, Ga
    Quote:Thanks, but I'd rather go to Walmart. The closest Petsmart is over an hour away and Walmart is 10 minutes. Besides I'm there 2-3x a week anyway, may as well try to get something I want for a change LOL!

7. embkm

Jan 16, 2009
    Colbert, Ga
    Quote:Thanks!

8. twigg

twigg Cooped up

Mar 2, 2008
    Tulsa
    Quote:That's the one.

Also, eBay is full of that one for around the same price.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by