hygrometer

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LoneCowboy, Dec 30, 2007.

1. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
  2. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  3. TerrasCritters

TerrasCritters In a new coop

Oct 24, 2007
    Also looking for a good hydrometer!

4. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    Those are all over ebay. I haven't been able to find to find the accurite anywhere so have been perusing ebay and have seen lots of those for cheaper. Would really love some feedback on which would be a good one. My eggs are coming in 18 days and I am panicking over having to order something online and it getting here in time to make sure that the humidity is correct and holding.

5. TerrasCritters

TerrasCritters In a new coop

Oct 24, 2007
    All of my Accurite ones came from Walmart, and they all read different...

6. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    I have an accurite and it's so far outta whack, I just can't trust it anymore. humidity registers as 13% off. That was deadly to my last hatch. I was looking at this one, because it guarentees accuracy +/- 1% I can live with that. Problem is, it could be anywhere. It's 13% of at 75% humidity, but could be 10% at 60 etc. I have to have something I can trust, or I'm going to be a nervous wreck.

7. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    This is all of mine and notice the white one it's in the trash can now it only read the temps good.

[​IMG]

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

The white Springfield is terrible, partly because it only reads in whole numbers and partly because its just plain inaccurate! I like the little gray Springfield, but I've used mine so much that the temps read low sometimes now, but it was the best one for a long time. I did exchange the fluky Flukers and this one seems okay so far.

9. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    You guys,
    I have the springfeild right now and 2 other thermometers and they read the same temp. I use it for humidity so if it is inacurate...then does it usually read low or high??????

10. SugarLandChickenMan

SugarLandChickenMan Out Of The Brooder

Dec 4, 2007
    Does anyone have info re: the +/- temps and humidity would have on the embryos? Does the accurate temps or humidity really matter if they are off a few ticks?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by