I’m brain dead today so I need help.

ginbart

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 9, 2008
Bloomsburg, PA
I hatched a chick this morning. It had time to dry but it’s feathers are all stuck to it. Does that mean to much humidity or not enough?

I have more hatching and I don't want that to happen to them.

Thanks because for the life of me I can’t remember.
idunno.gif

Congratulations on the 1 that hatched. I am not sure so I am sorry I cant help you. Good luck and hope someone helps.

It's the second one that is happened to, the first one was ok. The third one I needed to help because it was stuck in the shell. I hate to help but if it's because of me then I do it.

Thanks anyway I'm glad to see someone is on here and maybe I'll get an answer. Have a good day.

Quote:
Nope it's not going to. It's like glue on it and I will need to wash it in a couple of days.

So it's a vote for 1 not enought and 1 to much.
barnie.gif
I didn't have it higher than 65.
idunno.gif

You've got a condition called sticky chick. Its when your humidity drops when hatching has begun. So, raise the humidity up a bit.
If you have chicks that are stuck in the shell you're going to have to wash it off with warm water. Hope this helps! Good luck!

Mrs.brown :

You've got a condition called sticky chick. Its when your humidity drops when hatching has begun. So, raise the humidity up a bit.
If you have chicks that are stuck in the shell you're going to have to wash it off with warm water. Hope this helps! Good luck!

I washed it under water 3 times now. I hope I got it. It's so strange, only one was bad and it's so little.

Thanks for the help after washing it twice I was thinking there was something I could put on it besides just running it under the water because that didn't seem to work.

I do have another thread open on this so we can close this one.

Thanks again.​

Shrink wrapped: before pipping, both inner and out membranes dry tight around the chick; caused by too little humidity throughout incubation
Sticky chick: after pipping, the liquids dry becoming glue-like followed by concrete-like; caused by too little humidity during lockdown
Wet sticky or Swollen: the chick is swollen with water or simply very wet and sticky; caused by too high humidity throughout incubation

this is confusing for me, as well.

on one hand you posters posting 100% sure, absipositivelylutely it's one, then you get one that is equally 100% absipositivelylutely it's the other.

the problem with the internet, is everyone is an expert
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom