I’m new to raising chicken for egg production

cfletchrun

In the Brooder
Jan 11, 2022
I’ve read where valbazen is a good choice for worms…. I’m seeing what looks like rice in poop… I need to know what dosage and form syringe or waterer… is best?! Thanks in advance
Cf

I’ve read where valbazen is a good choice for worms…. I’m seeing what looks like rice in poop… I need to know what dosage and form syringe or waterer… is best?! Thanks in advance
Cf
Valbazen should be given orally. The dose is 0.08ml per pound given once and once more in 10 days, but you need to know what you are dealing with. I use a normal 24ml needleless syringe. Post pictures of the poop. If its tapeworms, you need something else. Hopefully @dawg53 can help evaluate more. She is really great with these kinds of things. Good luck!

Valbazen should be given orally. The dose is 0.08ml per pound given once and once more in 10 days, but you need to know what you are dealing with. I use a normal 24ml needleless syringe. Post pictures of the poop. If its tapeworms, you need something else. Hopefully @dawg53 can help evaluate more. She is really great with these kinds of things. Good luck!
Is there a withdrawal period on eggs if you give Valbazen?

@cherrynberry LOL, I'm a HE not a she.

Cf
If you're seeing rice in poop, you're seeing tapeworm segments. You'll need to purchase Equimax Equine paste and dose the bird that excreted the tapeworm segments.
Dosage for Equimax is 0.03ml per pound or 0.15ml for 5 pound hen given orally. th3G3I95CG  equimax.jpg

Any withdrawal period for eggs? And just give 1 dose?
When I've dealt with tapeworms, I toss eggs in the garbage after the first dosing and after the second dosing ten days later. (2 weeks after the 2nd dosing.)
Keep in mind that unlike the different types of poultry roundworms, with tapeworms, you dont have to worm all your birds, only the one(s) that show rice-like segments in feces.
Chickens get tapeworms from eating an infected insect which is the host for the tapeworm.
Not all birds in your flock eat infected insects.

Back
Top Bottom