I’m unsure what I did wrong with hatching

Megane196

Hatching
Mar 2, 2021
So, this was a couple years ago I bought eggs around the state to hatch for pets. Crazy part is almost all of the eggs like 30-40 of them except for two hatched. I’m not sure what I did wrong at the end though. Everything went great until they started hatching and then the moisture in the incubator went way up and I left the babies in there as directed but it’s like it was too humid. I used the basic styrofoam still air incubator. Once I was told they would fluff but but they didn’t. They were sticky and it’s like their fuzz coated them instead. I saved some but I also lost a few. I would like to know what I did wrong on my first attempt before I try incubating in a few months. I don’t want to repeat that again. I waited and waited and they just wouldn’t fluff up. I was told it was probably the membrane. What can I do to avoid this type of situation again. I’ve heard a few people say it happened to a few of theirs, but it was quite a few of my chicks. I didn’t take them out at all during the lockdown period. I don’t want to repeat the same error and hope to learn from the mistake.

Back
Top Bottom