I’m worried about my duckling….

Duckmomma27

In the Brooder
May 6, 2022
When my duckling was two days old I brought her over to my parents so they could meet her. I kept her warm and kept her close to me, my parents gave her water from the fridge to drink, we didn’t think anything of it, and she dove in and splashed around when I wasn’t supervising her, my parents saw her get wet and snuggled her closely to warm her. Afterwards I noticed she started to sneeze, and she also started to bob her tail and wings when she breathes… her breath also sounds wet… I’ve noticed this 3 days ago… is she going to be on6? Should I be worried… I’ve been helping her directly under the heat lamp… and giving her lots of love when I walk by and mealworms… I give her clean water every few hours I’m awake… I want her to know that she’s loved if she’s dying….

When my duckling was two days old I brought her over to my parents so they could meet her. I kept her warm and kept her close to me, my parents gave her water from the fridge to drink, we didn’t think anything of it, and she dove in and splashed around when I wasn’t supervising her, my parents saw her get wet and snuggled her closely to warm her. Afterwards I noticed she started to sneeze, and she also started to bob her tail and wings when she breathes… her breath also sounds wet… I’ve noticed this 3 days ago… is she going to be on6? Should I be worried… I’ve been helping her directly under the heat lamp… and giving her lots of love when I walk by and mealworms… I give her clean water every few hours I’m awake… I want her to know that she’s loved if she’s dying….
cold water is a big no for ducklings, I'm assuming this was all days ago and she hasnt gotten better?

Is she still able to escape the heat from the heatlamp? What is the temp in the brooder?
Are her nares clear, no discharge?
Someone more experienced should be along soon to advise, in the meantime could you get a video of her breathing & the behaviour mentioned, so we can hear and see, upload to youtube and link here?

Back
Top Bottom