I’m worried that our Phyllis is actually Phillip

MeeshB

Hatching
Jun 5, 2020
Hello, I’m a new chicken mom. At the beginning of March we added to our family and got 6 chicks. We were under the impression they were all female. However, I have some concerns that Phyllis is actually a male. Maybe she’s a stocky female, but our other Rhode Island Red, Meredith, is much smaller. Meredith did have a rough start and was struggling to grow the first couple of weeks after we got her, but is doing fine now. So comparing them is tricky since they grew at different rates. So what are your thought? Is Phyllis actually Phillip?
47EF611C-A3D3-4E19-9D22-8E96DD10B3D9.jpeg
8907577D-1F79-4F52-A55A-7B6B8AD9CC44.jpeg

Hello, I’m a new chicken mom. At the beginning of March we added to our family and got 6 chicks. We were under the impression they were all female. However, I have some concerns that Phyllis is actually a male. Maybe she’s a stocky female, but our other Rhode Island Red, Meredith, is much smaller. Meredith did have a rough start and was struggling to grow the first couple of weeks after we got her, but is doing fine now. So comparing them is tricky since they grew at different rates. So what are your thought? Is Phyllis actually Phillip? View attachment 2178160View attachment 2178161
Looks to me like a cockerel...

Back
Top Bottom