I ♥ my neighbors...and my neighbor's neighbors...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by booker81, Jan 11, 2011.

1. booker81

booker81 Redneck Tech Girl

Apr 18, 2010
    Mid-MI
    I've chatted before how I have fantastic neighbors who love my chickens.

Well, the next two houses down are owned by a couple of their kids (who are mine and DH's age). One of them has been buying eggs from me for a few months now.

He just stopped by and plowed our driveway. I gave him two dozen eggs. No snow shoveling for DH!

I love it out here.

2. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

Isn't it nice? If only one could interview the neighbors before buying the house...

3. Dunkopf

Dunkopf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Kiowa, Colorado
    We had a great guy that would come around in his tractor and plow all the drives at about 12 places. We always gave him a few loaves of Banana bread or Bags of cookies and stuff like that. Sadly he was on a list of sex offenders and someone put the word out on him. He ended up selling his farm and moving away. Don't have any idea what he did to get on the list.

Now my next door neighbor bought an old Chevy PU with a blade on it. He can't take care of the 5' drifts but does the best he can. I give him some of our meaties once in a while. He's a great guy.

4. Royd

Royd Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    Quote:Sadly, these days, it only takes relieving yourself, outside, because you are too lazy to go inside.

5. Dunkopf

Dunkopf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Kiowa, Colorado
    Quote:Sadly, these days, it only takes relieving yourself, outside, because you are too lazy to go inside.

I know. It's too bad. I mean if someone is a pedophile or a rapist, then I'd like to know about it. That's quite a stigma for relieving yourself behind the shelter of your car on the side of the highway or something.

6. Royd

Royd Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.

I know. It's too bad. I mean if someone is a pedophile or a rapist, then I'd like to know about it. That's quite a stigma for relieving yourself behind the shelter of your car on the side of the highway or something.

What's even sadder, is, once you've been painted with that broad brush, you become a pariah, in everyone's eyes. Lying, cheating, stealing and even murder, can be forgiven...Just not whipping it out, in an emergency.[​IMG]

7. booker81

booker81 Redneck Tech Girl

Apr 18, 2010
    Mid-MI
    You got that right on "The List". I know a few folks on it, and their "crimes" are nothing to do with anything I give a flying rip about.

8. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I give out eggs too.I try to shovel though before my neighbors son in law does with his blower.He does 2 drives and then sometimes mine.I don't want him to over exert himself.

I think it is neat when familys own a few houses in a row.I told my mom to buy a house next to us when any goes up for sale.

As for the list I agree they need to break it down more.Another sad fact is many pervs are not even on the list.Not every molestor/killer gets caught!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by