➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

I should mention that while I was at the store I sent a picture of me holding the egg in my hand to a friend. She questioned if I was sure it wasn't a goose egg because it look pretty big. So I went back to where the eggs where and took this picture.

Not until HOURS after I realized there was something "wrong" with the eggs did I notice the sign in the picture.
JPEG_20180323_103144_7655219702967671588.jpg

Last edited:
D: !!!!!!

they're MOVING!!!? Seriously??? The humidifier under the table with blankets is genius by the way. you have no idea how much I've wanted to go out and get a large humidifier and just had no way of making it work.

I looked up what balut was a long time ago, I believe they usually incubate to either day 14 or 18. I have never set duck eggs so I don't actually know if that's what they would look like at that point. it looks to be about the same stage as a chicken day 14 but with more space. :) That is - almost - unbelievable... apparently it can work.

D: !!!!!!

they're MOVING!!!? Seriously??? The humidifier under the table with blankets is genius by the way. you have no idea how much I've wanted to go out and get a large humidifier and just had no way of making it work.

I looked up what balut was a long time ago, I believe they usually incubate to either day 14 or 18. I have never set duck eggs so I don't actually know if that's what they would look like at that point. it looks to be about the same stage as a chicken day 14 but with more space. :) That is - almost - unbelievable... apparently it can work.
I still can't believe it!

They are moving still...how long will they continue to move with my lovely fake bator...who knows!
I hope you follow along. I am 100% sure I will have to figure out more thing along the way.

Back
Top Bottom