➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

Don’t be sorry! Maybe I’m too desensitized but this is a pretty safe space to say weird stuff like that. At least, I think and hope so lol.

On that note, funny (or not so funny) enough, the Ginger and I were just discussing this morning if our fluffy old man dog would eat me if I died. We decided he would if he was starving to death and that we’re okay with that. :idunno
Nice breakfast discussion huh? Lol.
:lau

I feel the ugly stage coming on quick.
Today makes one week and the dummies are still inside!:confused:

IMG_20180818_073718.jpg
IMG_20180818_073659.jpg
IMG_20180818_073626.jpg
IMG_20180818_073550.jpg
IMG_20180818_073513.jpg

Sorry everyone for the excessively gory nightmare story, btw. Maybe this one was too much for BYC.

It's wasn't too much -- I was a little grossed, but that's OK. Real life is gross sometimes and you can't shy away.

Don’t be sorry! Maybe I’m too desensitized but this is a pretty safe space to say weird stuff like that. At least, I think and hope so lol.

+1

Last edited:
@WVduckchick is inward turning feet a niacin issue if the bird is getting daily yeast and b complex in their water?

Sounds to me like they have the niacin needs covered. Could be just growth spurt or an issue that wasn’t corrected at hatch. What breed are they? Some of the heavier breeds can be prone to it more than others. Pekins, etc. It may either grow out of it, or may not ever be any problem.

Sounds to me like they have the niacin needs covered. Could be just growth spurt or an issue that wasn’t corrected at hatch. What breed are they? Some of the heavier breeds can be prone to it more than others. Pekins, etc. It may either grow out of it, or may not ever be any problem.

It is a Pekin. I have 3 Pekin and 3 Rouen. All of the others feet look fine, it's only the one. They are growing really fast. The goal this weekend is to make their pen area outside bigger and more secure so they can be outside for longer periods of time so they can walk and run and exercise those legs with as much supervision. I had been taking them out and staying outside with them for @ 3 hrs a day. I will focus on giving the one Pekin with the foot problem the 1ml liquid niacin dosage alone and go from there. As well as start the transition of them being outside more than inside during the daytime hrs but still bring them in for bathtime (swim time) and in for the night. Until we get their coop all finished and they get a little older. And I'll just watch it and hope it corrects itself. I am hoping more outside time will help. It doesn't seem to be in pain. Just a little more wobbly than the others.
Thank you.

It is a Pekin. I have 3 Pekin and 3 Rouen. All of the others feet look fine, it's only the one. They are growing really fast. The goal this weekend is to make their pen area outside bigger and more secure so they can be outside for longer periods of time so they can walk and run and exercise those legs with as much supervision. I had been taking them out and staying outside with them for @ 3 hrs a day. I will focus on giving the one Pekin with the foot problem the 1ml liquid niacin dosage alone and go from there. As well as start the transition of them being outside more than inside during the daytime hrs but still bring them in for bathtime (swim time) and in for the night. Until we get their coop all finished and they get a little older. And I'll just watch it and hope it corrects itself. I am hoping more outside time will help. It doesn't seem to be in pain. Just a little more wobbly than the others.
Thank you.
See if you can get a pic or a video of him. Please.

Thank you.

Swim therapy is also great, so as much water access as you can give them may be beneficial. I’m not sure if there is such a thing as too much niacin. Pekins grow so fast, sometimes it takes their legs a bit to catch up with the weight, so hopefully that’s all it is. :fl

Back
Top Bottom