➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

Funny. I was on the 23rd floor downtown today. See me waving in your picture? Glad you got to visit @Tesumph - wish it was under better circumstances. You know, with rum. :cool: And glad the breakout was successful.

And I get to go back downtown for 2 more days. 12 minute commute normal and now close to an hour for meetings downtown. (without rum)

Doing research on quail and liking what I see. Just have to figure out what kind of containment I want to try first. I was thinking greenhouse and aviary. Plants and breeders on the benches. Chicks running around the ground. Sounds ideal. Need to set a budget and goals with a small dose of realism. Although, I've heard reality is over rated. :lol: Eh, Batty?
Reality? Reality? That's simply the term for what people without imaginations see.

I heard reality was for people who couldn't handle their rum. :lol:

Still cooling off here. We see the high 70's in the wee hours of the morn.

How about you? Got snow?
Rum sparks the imagination, to be sure.
No snow. It's a remarkably warm year. Maybe ice on water at night, though. Soon.
I'm in a warm "pocket" for my area. Maybe I should move... I'm more than ready for snow.

Where is the best quail reference? I mean besides here. utube is all over the map. As usual. I like the ones that humanize the quail. Treat them like you would like to be treated.
:idunno
I never really looked up quail stuff. I treat them like spazzy, non-roosting mini chickens.

Hmmm. I could do that. You feed the game bird feed or just chicken feed? Looking for feed requirements after getting the housing thought out.
Game bird starter while they're growing, layer as adults. They aren't picky. My neighbour doesn't feed them anything but corn grit stuff and they look healthy to me.

Back
Top Bottom