➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

Down to a balmy 35 tonight....heater will most likely be on. We have a Nest system. I have no f''''''' clue how to use it. Chef will be texted continuously while away (out of spite).

We have a Nest also. It automatically adjusts for me. For the most part I just let it be. But there have been times when the air was running and it was so cold in the house at night that I'm like, omgosh! Or it would be so hot during the day that I'm like, nope. And have to tweak it. Thankfully it's not hard to adjust.

Well, if you have hatching eggs this spring or summer, I would love some. I have family in Texas and will probably be out there to visit.
I will let you know! Currently someone is incubating a dozen of our barnyard mix, and we have someone coming out this weekend to get a dozen as well. I’ll let you know how their hatches go. :)

:eek: Wow! That sucks! So sry.
Yeah we’ve just been updated that the landlord is not going to fix the fence or replace the mailbox. Instead we have to find bricks from on the property or buy them to rebuild it... :hmm Obviously the insurance money is being used elsewhere if you catch my drift. We need out of this house so badly.

Yeah we’ve just been updated that the landlord is not going to fix the fence or replace the mailbox. Instead we have to find bricks from on the property or buy them to rebuild it... :hmm Obviously the insurance money is being used elsewhere if you catch my drift. We need out of this house so badly.

I'd be so ticked off! :mad: As a landlord, whether you "want" to do something or not, isn't it "their" responsibility to take care of it? Or did the person have car ins? Do you even know who did it? If they did, I would think the Ins would take care of any of the damage. Ugh! I am so much of a "it's the principle of the matter" type person and this kind of crap just hits me wrong. I'm so sry that you're having to go through it.

Now that my duckies are old enough I entered the duck contest.
I entered this pic of my drake, Noah:
IMG_3871.JPG

He was enjoying the fresh water in his pool that I had just finished filling up. This was taken last Thurs (the 11th). It's neat that he is getting rid of all of the brown feathers and his male feathers are coming in. He's getting the burgundy chest. Grey underbelly. His head is getting darker. The white ring of feathers is starting around his neck. This is him a week later. I took these today.
IMG_3935.JPG

IMG_3936.JPG

I love this pic. His head feathers are ruffled up and you can see the lacing (?) in the grey feathers along his top and side. Reminds me of spider webs lol. His head is getting so dark and shiny green. He is getting some dark green feathers on his tail and his drake curl is coming in as well. And that white ring around his neck is a lot more defined. I think he is so handsome but I know I am biased. :love

View attachment 1565678
He was enjoying the fresh water in his pool that I had just finished filling up. This was taken last Thurs (the 11th). It's neat that he is getting rid of all of the brown feathers and his male feathers are coming in. He's getting the burgundy chest. Grey underbelly. His head is getting darker. The white ring of feathers is starting around his neck. This is him a week later. I took these today.
View attachment 1565680

View attachment 1565681
I love this pic. His head feathers are ruffled up and you can see the lacing (?) in the grey feathers along his top and side. Reminds me of spider webs lol. His head is getting so dark and shiny green. He is getting some dark green feathers on his tail and his drake curl is coming in as well. And that white ring around his neck is a lot more defined. I think he is so handsome but I know I am biased. :love
I hope he wins!!

View attachment 1565678
View attachment 1565680

View attachment 1565681

He's gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom