➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

:gig

What if only 1 hatches? It’ll be lonely.

I’m an enabler lol just looking to give you more lings!

If only one hatches I will do a happy dance that this worked and then it can come live with my duckies, or I will ship @KikisGirls some fertile duck eggs so she can incubate some friends!

Oops...I have not been following this rule.
It hasn't even crossed my mind to wash my hands! @Wickedchicken6 is going to kill me when she finds this out. :oops:

I'm only semi careful. the only bacterial problem I had with any of my incubations was this time around and my 3 year old was "helping" to turn the eggs one day with spaghetti hands, she touched one before I caught her. and i had one with issues, I'm not sure it was that egg but im assuming it was.

I'm only semi careful. the only bacterial problem I had with any of my incubations was this time around and my 3 year old was "helping" to turn the eggs one day with spaghetti hands, she touched one before I caught her. and i had one with issues, I'm not sure it was that egg but im assuming it was.
Thank you!
For adding one more thing to the list of things I need to worry about.

Right now:View attachment 1309604

It's getting dark here. Can I candle again?
I candled just about every day my first time. The day to day changes are amazing.
I never quite understood why you people get crazy over hatching...I totally get it now and I will never think funny things about you again.
lol it’s addicting. I find myself accidentally adding eggs. I bought duck eggs after I had set chicken eggs for the HAL. Why? Because they were cheap and local. They are on day 10 btw and I’m freaking out. Yours should hatch before mine.

I candled just about every day my first time. The day to day changes are amazing.
lol it’s addicting. I find myself accidentally adding eggs. I bought duck eggs after I had set chicken eggs for the HAL. Why? Because they were cheap and local. They are on day 10 btw and I’m freaking out. Yours should hatch before mine.
Can you take a picture of your 10 days and put it here PLEASE!!
I'd like to see the difference in air cells!

Had a good :lau reading your "mistake" but I look at it as a SIGN. After this you need to get yourself an incubator, just in case. I have a Janoel 12 still in the box, for "someday".
I know Filipinos love it, know it's a fertilized duck egg with embryo.
Looked it up on the internet but not posting the embryo pic (sad) ...

Balut (spelled standardized as balot) is a developing bird embryo (usually a duck) that is boiled and eaten from the shell. It originated from and is commonly sold as street food in the Philippines. Often served with beer, balut is popular in Southeast Asian countries, such as Laos(khai look; Lao: ໄຂ່ລູກ), Cambodia (pong tia koun; Khmer: ពងទាកូន),[1] Thailand (Khai Khao; Thai: ไข่ข้าว) and Vietnam (Vietnamese: trứng vịt lộn or hột vịt lộn).

The Tagalog and Malay word balot means "wrapped". The length of incubation before the egg is cooked is a matter of local preference, but generally ranges between 14 and 21 days.

The eating of balut is controversial due to religious, animal welfare, and human health concerns.

Mallard ducks are used extensively in the production of balut.

:flGOOD LUCK :fl
:pop

Back
Top Bottom