I actually think she may be trying to go broody !!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickencrazy999, Feb 7, 2014.

1. chickencrazy999

chickencrazy999 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2013
    England, UK
    Hello, we'll today I let my 8girls out to range around the garden 2 miniature white silkies called Milly and Muffin 1 black mottled pekin bantam called Alice and a Brahma bantam called Tillly and 5 hybrids well I got up early and fed them and then I went out for the day I have just came back and shut them All up then I went back to turn the light off and saw that one of the silkies was missing I thought She was still out but I checked the nesting boxes and she was in there flat in the box and then when I went to touch her she growled at me and then when one of the chickens wheat near her she pecked and growled again I left her to it then just went to check on her again a little bit later and she is still there.she normally roosts with the other girls but she is in the nesting box I guess I will have to wait and see where she is tomorrow but I just wanted some tips on how to tell if she is trying to go broody thanks I will post some pics and maybe a Vidio Thanks ;)

2. amirfarmer

amirfarmer Out Of The Brooder

Feb 9, 2013
    if she sits in the nest box more than one day than she is broody....:):):)

3. chickencrazy999

chickencrazy999 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2013
    England, UK
    . Ok thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by