I addopted a little calf , your input needed.

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Omran, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Hello Dear friends, I hope all of you are doing well and having a good evening, Here it goes:
    Last monday I went to help friend of mine to unload some building materials in his barn, so he asked me if I am willing to raise a one week old very weak calf, so I went to the barn with him and I saw her, and I knew that she needs my TLC as soon as possible, so I rushed her to my house and went got some milk for her from TSC(feed store) but she refused to drink any thing, so I started looking at her closely and I found Magets on her rear end, I knew it is a big trouble, so next morning I called the vet, he came and clean her behind and flushed her stomich, and gave her antibiotic shots and told me what to do everyday for her, so now she is drinking milk real good, but her eyes looking bad, although I am giving her medicine for her eyes, they still looking as if she is going blined, I really need some info from someone who had such a sick calf or just has the info to help me, the vet said : that what I am doing is all what a man can do, but I am still trying to help the litlle calf.
    God bless you all.
    Omran

2. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

The vet is right, but don't give up. Good luck with her. I hope she gets healthy & strong. [​IMG]

3. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Quote:Thank you

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by