I almost cried! (pics added)

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Bleenie, May 26, 2010.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I went out this morning to check on everyone & saw that my adorable babies, Owen & Izzy, are both getting in their 'hard' feathers!! i nearly cried! [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  2. Karrie13

Karrie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    They grow up so fast. [​IMG]

3. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Don't scare me like that! I was afraid it was really bad news...LOL My little pilgrim goslings are now five weeks old and getting their "hard" feathers. I can still see lots of downy stuff though [​IMG] Love them to pieces. [​IMG]

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Awww, it's so sad when those sweet little babies grow up! I was looking at some pics of my little 'chatter-box', I can't believe he was so small when I got him! He doesn't look all that big right now, but compared to how big he was as a day-old, it's just amazing. He is starting to get his wing feathers, and has tail feathers already. I know it's just a matter of time before he is a mean old goose! [​IMG]

Just like kids, you gotta love 'em good when they are little, they grow up too fast! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  5. JROOSTER

JROOSTER Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2010
    Louisiana
    I almost cried cuz I thought you would post some pics. Pls help me out and post pics so I wont cry. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. jennifer@couplandtx.org

[email protected] Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2010
    Coupland, TX
    Do your 6-9 week olds nibble on you... well sort of bite even when they are hand raised? Yesterday they were both biting on me when I held them, I was getting really frustrated, and then, what and when do you do what to discourage?
    OP, didn't mean to jump in your post, but I thought I would ask folks with little ones... jenn

7. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Mine nibble on me..owen soemtimes tries to eat my hair but they don't bite hard.

My scovy babies were getting really mean last week and this weekend, they have mellowed out thankfully but some people on here said they get moody when theyre growing in their feathers because the new shafts are very sensitive & can be painful.

8. Puddle Foot Farm

Puddle Foot Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Maryland
    My gosling's voices are subtly starting to change.. It seems that my cotton patch are maturing much faster than my toulouse. [​IMG]

9. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

My Owen has been making these weird hionking/snoring noises since he was 1week old. he does it while awake too. [​IMG]

10. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Do whatever it takes to keep them from nibbling on you, that only turns into a big goose thinking it's okay to bite. If that means not holding them, then sobeit, you don't want the babies 'nibbling' on you when they get older. About the only way to make sure they won't be biters as adults is to not mess with them when they are babies. Impossible, I know, but that's what has to be done [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by