I Almost Got Arrested!!! *Very long story*

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BirdBoy88, May 16, 2009.

1. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    [​IMG] I know me!!!????!!!???

*sigh* i am still VERY worked up about this but i have been t aking deep breaths and slowly calming down..

Ok i was cleaning about 45mins ago so once i was done i had a full bag of trash so i put my shoes on to go walk the trash to the dumpster so i gets out my house locks my door and starts to head down the steps when i notice my new neighbor was on the front step... when i very first saw him when he moved in i had a bad feeling about him.. well i opens the front main door to come out and he looks at me and i smiles and say Hey [​IMG] and out of know where he starts yelling saying you live alone? you look like one of them bad kids that be around here ( i can't say everything he said because this is a family friendly site ) and i could smell beer on his breath

So i looks at him and say excuse me!!!???? and he yells YOU HEARD ME and starts bad mouthing me more

so i turns around and tries to ignore him because i know he has been drinking so i continue on walking to the dumpster i throw my trash in and started heading back as i am walking back this guy leaves off the front steps and is coming straight at me with his fist balled up

*sigh* i am NOT a fighting person..... high school days are over i have made my mistakes in high school by being in fights and yes i regret it and i learned from it .... the last fight i was ever in i was 16 years old and i promised myself i would NEVER been in another fight again because fighting never solves anything and i have kept to my promise .. whenever i get into arguments and i see that the argument is building up more i walks away that way it ends and everyone just drops it and move on

So when i saw this guy coming straight at me full charge with his fist balled up and still yelling at me why??? i don't know .. he is drunk!!

I immediately yelled at the guy and told him he better stop right there .. ( at this point my blood was racing ) so the guy stops and starts yelling what are you gonna do huh??? do something ..and i am like are you kidding me????

So i tries to walk around him and he wouldn't let me then he starts coming at me again and i yells at him again ( i am not playing stay away from me..)

And then he does it [​IMG]

He grabs my shirt then my arm and tried to put me in a head lock and ... i had no choice but to defend myself so i did ...for one this guy is like 5''6 and i am 6'1 ....so i threw him off me and punch him in the face and he fell to the ground and the Nice lady Ms Eve she treats me like her own and she yelled out her window that she already called the cops and they are on there way

So i goes back in the building and Ms Eve comes out her Apt and makes me go in her house and wait with her while the cops came and she gave me some water and helped me calm down because i was VERY upset .... then when the cops came me and Ms Eve went out side and told the cops everything and there were 3 cops 2 of the cops told me i did the right thing because the guy attacked me and the 3rd cop was so rude he told me he could arrest me why????? i was defending myself that guy could have had a pocket knife or anything .... so the other 2 cops arrested the drunk guy and ....talked to me for a few more minutes and then they left

and here i am [​IMG]

did i do the right thing?? i feel bad about the whole thing.

2. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    [​IMG] oh my goodness! yes you did the right thing. you tried your best to not to start anything. unfortunately he didnt back down.. [​IMG] sorry this happened!!!!! on top of everything else!!! geez

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    It's crazy, but yes, the cop probably could have arrested you as well. I know in some states, it doesn't matter who 'started it', it just matters who was involved. What do they expect you to do? Get the crap beat out of you so you don't get in trouble? I don't blame you one bit. Since you have a witness, I wouldn't even worry about it.

4. sunnychooks

sunnychooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    Oh, Mark! You did the best thing you could possibly do. Thank goodness your neighbor saw everything.
    You've been through a lot lately.
    ((Hugs))

5. Tripp

Tripp Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    Munford, TN
    NAAA you should have kept hitting him! People like that desearve everything they get!!!

Tripp

6. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

You totally did the right thing and you shouldn't feel bad you did what was nessary....what if he had a gun?!?!?!?!!

7. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    It's crazy

but yes i am so glad Ms Eve saw the whole thing because this guy might try and switch things but he can't

i was so mad i started crying and it was just everything came bursting out of me ... i already have enough on my plate to deal with then this happens [​IMG]

8. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Debi214

Debi214 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    Richmond, VA
    I think you did quite well under those circumstances because I had someone teach me a very valuable lesson a long long time ago - if someone comes at you, restrain them, hold them to the ground, whatever to stop them from hurting you but don't injure them. If they have any kind of weapon - then knock 'em out!

10. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Quote:that kept running through my head the whole time before he attacked me was ( omg what if he has a knife or a gun) i was scared to death that's why once he hit the ground i got away from him because at that point IF he did have a weapon he was gonna use it

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by