I quite frequently take an old water bottle, fill it 1/2 way, squish it before I put the lid on it and then zap it for 2 minutes in the microwave to use to heat up the turtles water. Well I threw it in the microwave today and apparently started it for the 2 minutes. I walked back into the kitchen a few minutes later and thought darn I didn't turn on the microwave. So I set for 2 minute and hit start. When the timer went off I opened the microwave, saw the shape of the bottle and heard a little hiss. Before I could even do the math in my head, I instinctively started to close the door. I got it just about 1/2 way closed before the bottle blew. This was enough to keep me from getting hit in the face with the water. It hit me in the chest and thankfully I am wearing super thick, fuzzy p.j.'s right now. (WHAT!? I'm on vacation). It was a little hot for a few seconds but no burns. If it would have hit me in the face it would have been a trip to the E.R. for sure. I did end up having to wipe down the walls and floor of one side of the kitchen though. I guess i should listen to TBG once in awhile.