I Almost Had a Heart Attack! `

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by CodyChristine, May 21, 2008.

1. CodyChristine

CodyChristine Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2008
    Belle Plaine, MN
    So this morning, I go in and greet the girls and take the screen off their rubbermaid brooder up on my laundry room counter. I am gone about 5 minutes and I hear very loud peeping. I go in there and two of them are sitting up on the edge of the brooder and one had made it down to the floor!!! So, we had to upgrade their living quarters! We're using an old playpen and we put them in it and they were loving all the new room and flying all around! Here are some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    What a neat idea for a playpen. That's something I can keep an eye out at rummage sales now! [​IMG]

3. bluebirdfarm

bluebirdfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

codychristine ,
    that is a way kewl idea for your peeps !!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. CodyChristine

Apr 11, 2008
    Belle Plaine, MN
    Yes, that's what I did! I was actually looking for an old one but found one at a garage sale that was newer and nicer than this one for $10 so I made that one for the baby and this one for my other babies!! [​IMG]

5. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    what a smart idea!!!

6. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    That is a fabulous idea now you can travel with them too. [​IMG]

7. CodyChristine

Apr 11, 2008
    Belle Plaine, MN
    [​IMG]

8. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    hehehehe cute little fuzzy butts. Yup they outgrow their brooders fast. Mine went from 96 Qt rubbermaid tote to the tote with a TOP at not even 2 weeks and at 4 weeks, they went into the hot tub frame at 5 weeks, the hot tub frame got a top too. [​IMG]

My little Ameraucana goes to school with my daughter from 8 weeks old. My SLW rides in the van with me all the time...we went for coffee this morning. [​IMG] I would not let her have any but the girls at the coffee shop gave her a tiny dog biscuit. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by