1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I almost killed my dog....

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Cheri, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Cheri

Cheri Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    because she almost took a chicks head off. One of my pretty little Anconas was sticking her head out of the fence trying not to go back into the coop. It took me and Chelsea about 15 minutes to convince them to come outside. They stayed outside for about 5 hours. I kept an eye on them. They mostly stayed under the coop because the oldest chickens would take their food. They look so cute wandering around outside.

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Is she ok!?? Bad dog, NO BISCUIT!! LOL

3. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    Oh it gets worse! My pop called me and told me Molly was in the chicken yard! Thank goodness we put the girls back in their coop and only the 3 oldest chickens were out. Foggy, Rowdy and Rocky. Well she didn't mess with the chickens this time. In fact Rowdy was chasing her! Well, we had this watermelon (the girls love it!) and I was taking it to the kitchen sink to cut it up for them when I saw Molly and Rufus in the chicken yard!! I screamed for my husband as I took the steps. To get into the chicken yard you have to go through this shed. They were on top of Rocky. I just knew my old girl was dead. She wasn't moving or anything. And I forgot to add that my 6'4" tall husband (short legs, long torso) jumped the fence! He chased both dogs out of the yard. Chelsea heard us and came running. She put the two dogs in the big white shed. Dan picks up Rocky because she wasn't moving. He placed her in the shed she and the boys live in and she bounce right up! She was playing possum. Silly girl! Dan fixed up the fence they came over with some good old fashioned barbed wire! I love my dogs but........

Rufus didn't hurt Rocky I just think he thought it was a giant toy. But I gots my eye on him.

4. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] whew! that was some story. Glad it came out alright!

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Oh Cheri.....im so glad they are all ok. LOL, playing possum....smart girl! Maybe she fainted from the fright? LOL Poor little one. Im just glad they are all ok.

6. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    Well Molly knows Im mad at her. She won't come near me right now. Those silly chickens. It rained buckets and they played in it like little children. Chickens are hilarious!

7. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Nothing like a good adrenaline rush to get the day going! Whee! I'm glad all is well.
    [​IMG]

8. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

No kidding Chickbea...
    There's nothing worse than seeing a chicken down...except for pieces of a chicken.[​IMG]
    I'm glad they were all okay.

9. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    Well........yesterday Foggy (my leghorn Roo) got out of the chicken yard. Molly stayed put. Good dog!

10. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    Ok...the other day....3 ancona's got loose. They must have found that spot in the fence where it is messed up. But once again Molly behaved.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by