I almost lost my One-yr old Last night :(

hollymh

*A Scrambled Egg*
15 Years
Feb 8, 2009
Texas
hit.gif

My 13mo old son begged to have one of my M&M's, so I let him have ONE... One tiny M&M almost took my sons life, he went into anaphylactic shock from a severe peanut allergy that we didn't know he had. I called 911 and they were able to treat him before his airway closed. To the people, who believe it is ridiculous that schools, day-cares and other various children places don't allow peanuts/peanut products, I BEG you to rethink it, IT COULD BE YOU! I never knew how to feel or what to think about school banning peanuts, but now, I understand, loud and clear, a childs life rather it be mine, or yours or another's, is WORTH banning peanuts... Trust me, I watched my baby son come within inches of his life, you don't want to be there...

PLEASE PLEASE RESPECT AND TRY TO UNDERSTAND THOSE OF US THAT HAVE CHILDREN WITH SEVERE ALLERGIES!!! It could be the difference of life and death for our children!

With many prayers and a lot of tears my baby son is out of the ICU, on lots of medication but acting like nothing ever happened. I will never be the same after that.

22622_img_4954.jpg

22622_img_4966.jpg

smile.png
So glad your child is ok. I know of many children who are very allergic to peanuts. Here's an interesting fact for you: children in third world countries are not allergic to peanuts! Doctors Without Borders developed a peanut butter bar for children who are starving. World Vision is using it. It is very nutritional, and so far, NONE of the children have been allergic to it. Strange, huh?

Last edited:
Quote:
That is weird?! I wonder if it is b/c of the chemical and other contaminents in/on the peanuts... Who knows.

your so lucky you were there and one to give it to him so you could get help him straight away! Imagine a babysitter doing in thinking it was harmless, they might not have thought as clearly as you to save him!

poor little thing! and poor you, coz even thinking about it (with my almost 1-year old playing on my feet) made me go cold all over.

so glad he's ok now.

i'm so glad he is ok now. I know how scary that must have been for you. When my daughter was 2 we were in the car going to the Memphis zoo. we were on the highway when my ex MIL gave her a lifesaver. Next thing I know she is choking. We are in a car on the highway God knows how far from a hospital. I jerk her out of the car seat and try to dislodge the lifesaver. Its not moving and she is turning blue. Finally I stick my finger down her throat and was able to hook the hole in the lifesaver and pull it out. I always tell people dont give young children those. God was with us that day as he was with you.

Glad to read he is ok. I thought you were going to say he choked on it.Choking is my big fear.I have not come across allergies in my kids yet.My ds does not each much things, so I think even at 9 something bad could pop up.You are so right that you never know.For us restricting food for the kids that are allergic(like at school) isn't a harshipl.With all the foods we can eat not packing one or 2 things is not a big deal.

And I too wonder why some countries do not deal with peanut allergies in their kids.

Back
Top Bottom