I always think the best of people, and I'm not often disappointed

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Kelly G, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

I ordered eggs from someone here (will not post identifying info), and I haven't recieved a tracking number, the chicks, nor will the person return my emails or PMs (I've been trying since Monday and all messages have been warm and friendly).

The auction was one that said "don't click buy-it-now," so there isn't a "paper" trail.

Nor can I leave feedback since it doesn't show me as the winner of the auction - so no one can learn from my mistake. I did pay with PayPal, so maybe they will stand behind me....though it's not really about the money - only $26 - it's more being disappointed...it's being let-down...and not getting some really cool eggs for a breed I've wanted for a long time!

On a happier note, I'm very excited to be setting 12 eggs I DID purchase & receive from another member here! Yayyyyyyyy! Shout out and props to Bargain in Georgia for the BBS Orpingtons...she's got some gorgeous birds & I'm very excited!! She also did a terrific job packing & shipping.

I'm going to set them tomorrow morning after the last of this current hatch is dry & can be put in the brooder. One can never have too many Orps!

2. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Wow...sorry that happened to you [​IMG] Must be disappointing ...I always tend to trust people first as well...and lots of times I DO get burned [​IMG]

3. kcaywood

kcaywood Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2010
    Rancho Cordova, CA
    Call Paypal - they helped me in a similar situation. I'm sorry this happened - I hope there is a reasonable explanation and the seller contacts you soon ... Congrats on your Orps! Very exciting!

4. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    LOVE Bargains eggs! Have hatched two rounds of her EE eggs from her Roo Sharky.

Sorry the other seller hasn't responded. I awaiting for word on some ducks and when they will arrive.

5. Kelly G

Thanks, guys.

I was planning on setting the 12 from Bargain with the 12 from the other seller.

FL Chickens, I'll have to look at her EE - I have about 20 of them, and I just LOVE them!

6. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Kelly, I'm sorry that happened too but you know I'd love to serve you with more eggs whenever you like...We have some pretty EE's!!! I'm sure that Paypal will do an adjustment for you. Praying for a wonderful hatch for you and you know if you have another incubator I'd be most glad to help you. Focus on the positive in life and I'm sure you do from the time I've known you!

7. llaaadyel

llaaadyel Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Lower NY
    Wondering if you have posted a reply to the auction thread. Im pretty sure you can do that. I would keep it friendly and just say that you have sent money and emails and wondering the status. I think that is what I would try. My DH always says I am naive because I always assume the best in people and yeah I do get burned.

8. farmgirlforever18

farmgirlforever18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    So sorry that happened to you it always happens to the best of us people just aren¬ít as honest as they once were hope your other eggs hatch [​IMG]

9. Kelly G

The thread for the auction that I won has been closed, so I cannot add any post. I have kept all my attempts to contact very light and friendly - you get more bees with honey, as they say...and, who knows, maybe something awful has happened (though I hope not).

Thanks for the thoughtfull posts, Ila and Farm [​IMG]

Thanks for your kind words and positive thoughts, Bargain....and I'm with you - I'd rather stay positive.

I only have one incubator - but there will be space again in 3 weeks [​IMG]

I'm off to go check out Bargain's cool EE's!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  10. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    I called Paypal and I received my money back. It may be only $26.00 but mine was only $25.00. Call them they will help. That is just not fair. Sorry that happened to you. And let us know how you make out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by