I am a Bantam... But what kind?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by OkChickenNerd, Aug 11, 2011.

1. OkChickenNerd

OkChickenNerd Out Of The Brooder

Aug 11, 2011
    Texoma, Oklahoma
    WEEK 1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WEEK 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have been researching for the last 6 days trying to figure out what this little one is... I purchased an assortment of Bantams from Ideal Poultry and could Identify all but two.... Finally nailed the one down to a Pyle OEG, however this one I can't find. It has clean feet and I am not able to tell yet what type of comb. It is now six days old and starting to feather the only wing feathers thus far are all white. I was thinking along the lines of Mottled Japanese? I will take more pictures in a few days and post them....

Any help now greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

Thanks for any hints in advance!!!

*Update 8/13/11

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  2. judial8907

judial8907 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Oh my goodness he/she look kinda like the one I hatched out yesterday take a look, I am trying to figure out exactly what mine is too but no one has answered yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Potential moms for my little one could be
    White Leghorn
    Black Sex linked
    RIR
    Light Brahma
    Phoenix
    Black Cochin
    SL Polish
    Buff Brahma
    Blue Silkie (I doubt because the eggs were brown and bigger than her)

lets hope we get some answers soon. [​IMG]

3. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Quote:Any chance it could be an Ideal 236 or a Californina white leghorn looks like the picture kinda

4. OkChickenNerd

Aug 11, 2011
    Texoma, Oklahoma
    For all intensive purposes she should be a bantam however I have considered the ideal. Everyone is entitled to mistakes including poultry owners....

I Guess for now I play the waiting game and hope that she/he matures quickly and gives me some sort of feature to build off of.... Really hoping for a Mottled Japanese pullet!

5. stormylady

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Quote:I hope so for ya too! you know the little one doesn't look any bigger than the other chicks, so it probably is a bantam, they didnt send you packing peanuts did they?( Extra chicks for any reason?) If not they only other chicks that came even close, that I saw was the Black tailed Buff Old English and the blue tailed Buff, I hope that you get your Mottled Japanese pullet wouldn't that be great!!! Good luck , Sandy

6. OkChickenNerd

Aug 11, 2011
    Texoma, Oklahoma
    Thanks Sandy!!! Me too!!!! I order 25 assorted bantams and 3 silkies and I counted 28 so no stuffing was in my delivery.... Anyway though I am sure I will be a proud parent!!!! I really am so far.... this is my first run with Bantams .... Always had standard breeds....

7. OkChickenNerd

Aug 11, 2011
    Texoma, Oklahoma
    Tomorrow they are a week old I will take some new pictures of them!!!!

8. stormylady

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Quote:[​IMG] I just love the Pictures![​IMG]

9. Time-Out

Time-Out Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    The Peak District, UK
    I love the markings! She's so pretty. Wouldn't it be amazing if she stayed with those markings...

10. OkChickenNerd

Aug 11, 2011
    Texoma, Oklahoma
    Quote:She is very cuteĀ”!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by