I am a hen. What color and breed am I?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Ravie, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Ravie

Ravie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    Greenfield, Indiana
    This little lady was given to me today. She is 5 months old and is a bantam. She lays light brown eggs. Her single comb flops over. Here are two pictures I took this evening. Sorry for the quality. It was very dark outside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. The Turken Lady

The Turken Lady Chillin' With My Peeps

She looks like a silver duckwing phoenix to me..she has the right coloring,comb,leg color and earlobes..are you sure she lays light brown eggs? [​IMG]
    Here's a picture of one of mine for comparison. -
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  3. Ravie

Aug 4, 2010
    Greenfield, Indiana
    No, I am not sure. I am told they are small and not bright white. They might be tinted.

4. Ravie

Aug 4, 2010
    Greenfield, Indiana
    Turken Lady, yours does look like mine. Also, Roy Mustang!!! YAY!

5. The Turken Lady

Quote:I'm pretty sure she's a phoenix. They're an awesome breed. [​IMG] She is very beautiful,by the way. [​IMG]
    Yep,Roy Mustang and his army of tiiiny miniskirts. Watch out,he knows where you live. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Lol. [​IMG]

6. austintgraf

austintgraf Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2011
    That Is a pheonix if ever saw one [​IMG] She should make pretty chicks if you breed them [​IMG]

7. Ravie

Aug 4, 2010
    Greenfield, Indiana
    After looking at pictures, I think you're right. Here is a picture of the rooster. The same family gave him to me. They didn't know what he was. Could he be a phoenix too?

[​IMG]

8. The Turken Lady

Quote:He's a golden duckwing phoenix,definitely hatchery quality,though. You can tell because of his tail. Although he's still young,it's more like a leghorn's. He'll still be beautiful when he grows up,though,but he isn't anything "show quality." If you breed him to your hen,you should get some nice looking chicks. [​IMG]

This is a what a show quality phoenix cockerel looks like. If you breed them,there's a chance you might get something like this.-
    [​IMG]

9. Ravie

Aug 4, 2010
    Greenfield, Indiana
    Wow, is he yours? Gorgeous! And great photography too!

10. The Turken Lady

Quote:Thanks. [​IMG] Yep,he's mine. He comes from a breeder here on BYC..Boggy Bottom Bantams. As for the photography,you can thank my mom for that.. xDD If I try to take a picture,it always comes out blurry for some reason. [​IMG] I must be bad with cameras or something.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by