I am a new Great Aunt!! **UPDATE -She's home - Post#10 ~ PIC's added

steffpeck

Songster
12 Years
Mar 25, 2007
Erda, UT
My nephew and his wife had their 2nd baby yesterday. A little girl. She was 6 weeks early, but they were prepared for her to come early and she had shots to help her lungs develop. She quit growing so they decided it would be better to deliver her as they could help her better on the outside than on the inside. It turned out that the placenta was deteriorating and that the cord was shriveling up so she was not getting proper nutrition. Thank Heavens they delivered when they did or she would of starved to death over the next couple of weeks. She weighed 3 lbs 6 oz. and is 16.5 inches long, just a little bitty thing. She is breathing on her own and drinking from a bottle and is doing really well. If you could remember little Megan in your prayers that she will continue to do well, I would really appreciate it.

Last edited:
hugs.gif
Prayers sent!!
hugs.gif

Oh, and CONGRATS !!

Last edited:
aw hugs.

My little girl was about that size too and delivered early because I had toxemia. She is now a very vibrant healthy little girl. She is very intelligent and does have some speech delays...so watch for those ques when she gets a wee bit older.

Congrats on the new arrival of a great neice. Very exciting. And I do pray the Lord continue to strengthen her little body as the days and weeks go by. In Jesus's Holy name we pray. Amen.

Love in Christ,
Gretchen

HUGS and PRAYERS!!
My baby was 5 weeks early. 4.2 pounds (3.14 pounds when she left the hospital.) She is doing fantastic now! I pray your nephew's baby does just as well!

Done! I had a mammogram done today and was looking at the employee picture board. They were proud to point out one of the grandchildren, in multiple photos. He was 1.5 pounds when he was born and is a healthy normal child now. Modern medicine is amazing.

Sarah

She is home!!! I cannot believe it. She weighs 3 lbs. 10oz. and she is doing so well that they sent her home. My Niece is a RN, so I am sure that helped the doc's feel more comfortable. She is so tiny. Thank you all for your prayers!!!

Megan.jpg

Back
Top Bottom