I am a new mother...of 12 chickens

Shelly Nelton

In the Brooder
Jun 10, 2017
Hutto, Texas
Hello all!I found this site through a general google search about what I can feed chickens. I recently moved into the country and decided to get 4 chickens. Well...I came home with 12. How can you only get 4?? There are so many to choose from.

I have already read a lot of advise on raising these chickens so thanks for all your knowledge. I will admit I cooked for my chickens tonight. It is a sad situation here... I watch them way too much. They are so dang cute! I made them spaghetti noodles tonight..hysterical!! They are about 5 weeks old.

I got 2 of six different breeds. All females I hope!

Thanks for this site!

Butterflygirl50

Chirping
Jun 10, 2017
Abington, MA 02351
Hello all!I found this site through a general google search about what I can feed chickens. I recently moved into the country and decided to get 4 chickens. Well...I came home with 12. How can you only get 4?? There are so many to choose from.

I have already read a lot of advise on raising these chickens so thanks for all your knowledge. I will admit I cooked for my chickens tonight. It is a sad situation here... I watch them way too much. They are so dang cute! I made them spaghetti noodles tonight..hysterical!! They are about 5 weeks old.

I got 2 of six different breeds. All females I hope!

Thanks for this site!

Butterflygirl50

Chirping
Jun 10, 2017
Abington, MA 02351
How exciting!! I'm getting ready for my first incubation of Silkie, Sizzle, Frizzle, Cochin bantam chicks. I was going to get chicks, but thought seeing them born, if I do everything right, will be exciting.
Again congrats on your new additions.

Shelly Nelton

In the Brooder
Jun 10, 2017
Hutto, Texas
How exciting!! I'm getting ready for my first incubation of Silkie, Sizzle, Frizzle, Cochin bantam chicks. I was going to get chicks, but thought seeing them born, if I do everything right, will be exciting.
Again congrats on your new additions.
I really want to see some born too! I was afraid to even try it. Do those breeds lay eggs or are they show chickens? I did not even know people show chickens!

Top Bottom