I am a sad chick today :o(

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bec, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

Ok so today is my husbands 29th birthday so my daughter and I made a cake for him! She was very excited because we made it with 2 round pans so it would be a double decker. One cake was done before the other so i took it out to cool while the other kept going. I was looking out back and noticed I didn't see Lauren, my polish. I thought maybe she was hiding, nesting or just out of sight at the moment. We went out to see if we could find her, she is gone! I don't know where she is. Yesterday we had a red fox lurking around, but she was here last night and then we have also had the red tailed hawk flying above. I think she was victim of one of the 2 [​IMG] I loved her so much and and hoping she will come back, but I am not thinking that will happen, she has never wandered off by herself!

So my daughter and I came in and my doberman had his front paws up on the stove EATING the cake! [​IMG] I am so mad I could cry! We only had 5 dollars to last me for the week, so we went and bought a cake mix, icing and sprinkles. It was the only birthday gift we had for him....I can't believe that brat did that! My other 2 would NEVER even think about it.

2. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    Oh you poor thing!! What a day you are having!!

3. FarmerDenise

FarmerDenise Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2007
    Sonoma County
    Wow, you are having a rough day!! So sorry about your chicken. Here's hoping that you're wrong and she show up soon and that your day turns around. :aww

4. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    Oh my goodness!! Sounds like you may need to go back to bed and try it again tomorrow!! I am so sorry for the horrible day you are having [​IMG] Happy Birthday to your DH

5. ChickaD

ChickaD Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    central Vermont
    Oh, man, what a hard time! :aww I sure hope your dear chicken is just hiding somewhere to escape and will re-surface...sometimes it takes a while. Sorry about the cake too...hope things improve from here and your husband has a nice BD after all. The love you two are showing for him is way better than any gift that could come from a store shelf.

6. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    Well my sister shared the perfect piece of advice with me the other day when I was having a bad one (still hasn't quit).

She said Jean, life is like an ice cream cone, just when you think you got it licked it drips all over you.

I sure couldn't argue with that one. I have in the past found that if I make a nice little scrap book of my favorite pics for someone that little cheap scrap book means the world to them.

For Mother's day this year I did that for all the new young Moms from their babies. They still rave about them and take them out to show people. They were cheaper than a card. You might want to find some favorite pics of your family and make him one they don't take long and are well loved.

Sure hope your chickie turns up

edited for spell

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  7. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    You are needing a big hug... I had to go find this one...

[​IMG]

8. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

Thank you everyone!! [​IMG] He was still very appreciative for what was left! We are going to have his favorite dinner, home made cheese steaks and tator tots, then cake!

I am hoping my little Lauren comes home, I still don;t see her around, this is their feeding time and she loves her food! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

9. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I will keep my fingers crossed for your chook. I was gonna say I would have cut out the part the dog munched on and save the rest to work with, sounds like that's what you did! Happy B-Day to DH. You did good. [​IMG]

10. mtnhomechick

mtnhomechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    I'm so sorry you had such an awful day. Hope your lil chickie is alive and finds her way home.

Hope you have better tomorrows. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by