1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

I am absolutely nuts. I can't believe I am trying again.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by aubreynoramarie, Jun 8, 2011.

1. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    As some of you might remember, I tried my very first hatch back in February. I bought two orders of twenty eggs. Of the forty eggs, four made it to lockdown and all four died before hatch. I was so heartbroken that I swore I'd never ever try it again.

Well yesterday I set 7 FBCM eggs and 12 black ams. I really hope I don't fail miserably again. I think id be less crushed but still crushed none-the-less. I do have one thing going for me this time, though. These eggs are not shipped like the last ones.

Please wish these babies luck!!!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011

2. mljohnson05

mljohnson05 Songster

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
    CONGRATS and best of luck....keep us posted [​IMG]

Best Wishes,
    Laura

3. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    LUCK!!! [​IMG]

4. totallytang

totallytang Chirping

Jun 8, 2011
    nj
    aw hang in there the first time we tried to hatch chicks only one chick made it to hatching (the eggs were from a farm store)… the second time we only got about three… but now we have been getting much better hatch rate with our own eggs from our hens! : )

5. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    [​IMG] We will be sending you good hatching vibes this time. [​IMG]

6. silkie_sue

silkie_sue Songster

Sep 14, 2010
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Quote:You already know more than you did back then [​IMG]
    Pfffft! gurl....Before long you'll be hatching your own showgirl eggs [​IMG]

Suz

7. silkie_sue

silkie_sue Songster

Sep 14, 2010
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Just recalled you are in Nevada......[​IMG]..Get this I recently shipped Showgirls to Las Vegas...Ironic?...uh huh

8. lutz123

lutz123 Chirping

Good luck! My first hatch rate was zero. My second hatch looks like it will be 25% or slightly more (which I'm very happy with considering they were all shipped...and I'm still new!) I had to help 2 of 3 of my FBCM that made it to lockdown, but they did great!

9. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Thanks guys!

Sue, I plan on breeding my showgirl roo to my LF standard hens and trying to make turkens. At least until I get a really nice pair of silkie hens to make showgirls out of!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by