I am absolutely nuts. I can't believe I am trying again.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by aubreynoramarie, Jun 8, 2011.

1. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    As some of you might remember, I tried my very first hatch back in February. I bought two orders of twenty eggs. Of the forty eggs, four made it to lockdown and all four died before hatch. I was so heartbroken that I swore I'd never ever try it again.

Well yesterday I set 7 FBCM eggs and 12 black ams. I really hope I don't fail miserably again. I think id be less crushed but still crushed none-the-less. I do have one thing going for me this time, though. These eggs are not shipped like the last ones.

Please wish these babies luck!!!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  2. mljohnson05

mljohnson05 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
    CONGRATS and best of luck....keep us posted [​IMG]

Best Wishes,
    Laura

3. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    LUCK!!! [​IMG]

4. totallytang

totallytang Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2011
    nj
    aw hang in there the first time we tried to hatch chicks only one chick made it to hatching (the eggs were from a farm store)… the second time we only got about three… but now we have been getting much better hatch rate with our own eggs from our hens! : )

5. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    [​IMG] We will be sending you good hatching vibes this time. [​IMG]

6. silkie_sue

silkie_sue Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2010
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Quote:You already know more than you did back then [​IMG]
    Pfffft! gurl....Before long you'll be hatching your own showgirl eggs [​IMG]

Suz

7. silkie_sue

silkie_sue Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2010
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Just recalled you are in Nevada......[​IMG]..Get this I recently shipped Showgirls to Las Vegas...Ironic?...uh huh

8. lutz123

lutz123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Good luck! My first hatch rate was zero. My second hatch looks like it will be 25% or slightly more (which I'm very happy with considering they were all shipped...and I'm still new!) I had to help 2 of 3 of my FBCM that made it to lockdown, but they did great!

9. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Thanks guys!

Sue, I plan on breeding my showgirl roo to my LF standard hens and trying to make turkens. At least until I get a really nice pair of silkie hens to make showgirls out of!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by