I am beside myself right now.

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Southern28Chick, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    My kitten, Charlotte is going to a new home tomorrow. A lady emailed me about my craigslist ad and said she's giving Charlotte to her best friend for a birthday present. Her friend is turning 25 tomorrow, owns her own house, is a preschool teacher and has a 3 year old son. Sounds perfect but I still can't stop crying.

I need kind words. [​IMG]

2. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Southernchick... So sorry that you need to give your kitten away, :aww but it does sound like you've found a great home for it. It'll have a little child to play with and a responsible adult. Sounds like you've done a good deed for your little kitten.

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Awwww, its always so hard to let them go. Sounds like your little Charlotte is going to a fantastic home! I am sure she will be the love of that little ones life in no time! [​IMG] You are a good kitty momma...and she knows you love her....but its time for her to "spread her wings" and find a forever home. Its a good thing Trish. Im sure she will be just fine in her new home.

4. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I'm sorry she's leaving you! I just hope that the friend really wants a kitten, make sure they know she's returnable. I hate to give up anyone and when they leave I feel like I deserted them. She'll be ok with that kind of person though, I'm sure!

5. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Check your PM [​IMG]

6. Dodgegal79

Dodgegal79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2007
    Princeton BC Canada
    Oh I know how hard it is, but it does sound like a good home. Also make sure to tell her that is something happens and he needs a home to give you a call. I did that with all my babies, I have 14 last year to rehome and everyone made me so sad and I worried that they would be ok. They all got great home and I get email updates and pics every so often too. One lucky kitty has a vacation home in Whistler BC and goes there with her person every weekend. Lucky cat!

7. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    I'm meeting Kate and her friend at Petsmart at 8:00 tonight to surprise the friend with the kitten. Kate said her friend has been looking for a kitten and really wants one so this will be a good surprise for her.

I feel better now. My crying and sadness was just me being selfish. If I kept Charlotte she would have to live outside and that's not what I want for her. Living with this lady she will have a house to live in with 2 people who will love her. She'll be able to grow up with the lady's son who's 3 years old.

I'm happy she's going to such a great place. I'll miss her but this is what's best for her.

8. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    :aww

9. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    That's pretty amazing that a "feral" cat had such an awesome kitten! Wow!

10. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    I got Charlie fixed 2 weeks ago and the vet estimated her age as 2 years old. I've only lived on my property a little over 2 years so that means IF Charlie was a stray she was a tiny baby when she ran off or she is totally feral. It's is also pretty amazing how her 2 "feral" sons let me touch them even though they were born to a wild mother and have lived their entire lives in the wild.

It is amazing how people don't believe that a "feral" cat can become a tame cat even though I have tamed now 4 "feral" cats in the past 2 and a half years.

It's also amazing how people like to come on a message board and talk junk about something they have NO CLUE about.

Anyway, just got a call that my dad is in the hospital so I don't have time for stupid c--r--a--p about who's "feral" and who isn't.

Edited to add: Most people would think that I did a good thing. I took the time to trap a wild pregnant cat, tamed her up a little bit, helped raise her kitten to be people friendly, got the mother spayed and found the kitten a great home. I guess I was wrong. YES a kitten born from a "FERAL" mother that was raised in captivity will be a good cat. She's been around people her whole life!!! How is that so hard to understand? Some people are just so clueless!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by