I am beside myself!! :'(

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SoORchick73, Jul 21, 2011.

1. SoORchick73

SoORchick73 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Please, help...you have all been so wonderful. A few days ago I posted my EE might be a roo, i shared pix on here and it was confirmed. He went to his new home this morning. I was baking cookies with my 3 yo an hour ago when ANOTHER one of my 5 remaining hens (??) started crowing. We SAW our EE crow, and now we saw this one crowing. I want to cry! Chicken math is going against me. Is thisa buff orpington roo?? He is 18-19 wks. The first 3 pixin my album:

http://s994.photobucket.com/albums/af68/babyrn73/

can a hen crow? the feed store just laughed at me when i called them [​IMG] im a sucky first time chicken farmer [​IMG] We are onky allowed 6 hens, no roos, im down one already...now 2?

Please reply!

2. sadies chicks

sadies chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    Northwest
    I am no expert but I am going to say yes, he is a roo [​IMG] hens can crow if there is no roo to do it for them, but I don't think that is this case.....Hopefully someone will have a different opinion?

(and by the way, your baby is beautiful [​IMG] )

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Is it the red and white one on the first photo? If so I'm going to guess yes also [​IMG] Sorry!

4. SoORchick73

May 9, 2011
    Aww thank you...she....errrr he? was my favorite! [​IMG] Lucy would jump to the top of the brooder when i called her, first to investigate new food. Sad sigh.

5. SoORchick73

May 9, 2011
    Yes, thats the one....and in the following 2 pictures. Darnit darnit.

Quote:

6. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    You mean this guy? [​IMG] He's not a buff orpington, he's another EE roo. [​IMG] Sorry. Saw pics of you other one and he was gorgeous!

7. SoORchick73

May 9, 2011
    yes, thats the one... oh darn! i was told he was a BO, but he surely doesnt look like pics ive seen of BOs. Thank you!
    Quote:

8. billfields

billfields Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2009
    East Tennessee
    Quote:
    Sorry, I think he is a he too...

9. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Quote:
    Sorry, I think he is a he too...

X2 sorry [​IMG]

10. Erin~TheChickenLover

Erin~TheChickenLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Arkansas River Valley
    I'm very sorry, [​IMG] but I agree that it looks like a roo. I understand how you must feel. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by