I am crazy. Crazy diet change/bet

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Whitehouse Quail, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    So, my aunt is a healthy-food fanatic. she had melanoma, and she completely reversed it by drastically switching her diet to what the Hallelujah Acres say. She's been doing it for years, and is very healthy but obsessed with the food we eat.

Fast forward to today. I am making a bet with the neighbors that i can do it! For a month! I don't know if I'll be able to, but here is a schedule.

Disclaimer. Please see hereabout my weight. I weigh 125 pounds. I am not overweight, in fact I'm a little skinny. But, I still feel the need to be skinnier, so if I lose some pounds great otherwise I'll deal with it.

Dictionary: Barleymax is dried barley, which is supposed to regulate your system and provide 'Necessary Nutrients'
    Fibre Cleanse is explosive detox material.
    Udos Oil is this saintly bottle of oil you put on everything to make it healthier
    Organic means if it was every exposed to anything over 110*, it is unhealthy.

85% raw, 15% cooked.

Breakfast: Before eating anything, one cup Barleymax. NO FIBER! If you are hungry, maybe a piece of organic fruit, or almond milk and whole grain cereal.

Midmorning: 8oz veggie juice (2/3 fresh juiced carrot juice, 1/3 green vegetable juice.) 30 mins later, Fibre Cleanse. Woo hoo! [​IMG]

Lunch: 20 mins before lunch, Barleymax!
    Vegetable salad. No fruit unless you didn't have any for breakfast.
    If you are trying to maintain weight, add a pita with veggies.

Mid afternoon: 8oz fresh squeezed carrot juice.

Supper: 20mins before, Barleymax
    LARGE green veggie salad
    Then your 15% cooked food! Steamed veggies, sweet potato, whole grain bread, whole grain pasta, squash steamed or baked, or beans.

Dessert: If you so desire, a slice of fresh fruit, or 100% organic pear or apple juice. NO FIBER AFTER DINNER!

Do you pity me? Or does anyone do this? I WILL win this bet!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2010
  2. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    There must be one heck of a prize for winning this bet.... [​IMG] j/k

But seriously I think it's great that you are trying to change your diet and be more healthy. I have been slowly changing my diet, cause cold turkey just never worked for me. Good luck! [​IMG]

3. Whitehouse Quail

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    Oh, there is no prize [​IMG] I'm just trying to prove I can do it!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2010
  4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Youngster, I am gonna warn you right now, if you already have a few lbs to lose, and you do this, you are going to turn your body into a yo-yo machine. As soon as you start eating RIGHT again, you will gain everything you lost and more. If you start this, be prepared to stick with it for life, or you are setting yourself up for weight related issues in your adulthood. And I am speaking from experience. Crazy diets do crazy things to your internal organs.

Stepping off the soap box now.

5. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

Thats ALL you will eat the ENTIRE month? WOW. okay well i could never do it - I love my meats and my flavor way too much. [​IMG] I love veggies but I love fruit more [​IMG]

More power to you, and good luck on winning your bet.

6. Whitehouse Quail

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    Quote:Oh, I'm sorry if I misled you. I am not obsessive about my weight. I weigh 120-125 and am almost 6 feet tall. Itsjust something I want to do to be healthy, not to lose weight. Some of the ideas are good like lots of raw fruits, but some not so good like no meat and things like that.

* I DO NOT have an eating disorder. I am not trying to lose weight!* Sorry it came out wrong!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2010
  7. debilorrah

I love food, and the more I investigate what is IN my food and I adjust my diet, the more I have lost. For the first time in my life I can see 200 lbs in the near future. And I am not even trying to lose weight!!!! I screwed myself up big time with cabbage soup diet, medifast, jenny craig, nutrisystem, etc. over the years, and gave up dieting 3 years ago. Lost 60 lbs since I stopped dieting.

I understand the OP is doing this to prove something, I am just a little concerned that if he already has a slight weight issues, this is not gonna help.

8. debilorrah

Quote:Oh, I'm sorry if I misled you. I am obsessive about my weight. I weigh 120-125 and am almost 6 feet tall. Ita just something I want to do because even though I am a little on the slim side, I want to be as tiny as can be.

See other post.... Because I have done that same thing to myself, trying to lose weight when I really didn't need to, made it more difficult for me later in life. Metabolism slows down as you age anyways, and when you screw with your body balances, you confuse them. They don't recover. LOL!

9. suzettex5

suzettex5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    California
    .... But your weight sounds perfect to me. You are perfect the way you are!! You gotta love yourself and not use your weight as a way to validate yourself. It sounds like this diet might have some good points. But a normal sensible diet never asks you to cut out all or almost all fruits and veggies and protein. NO drink or shake is as well absorbed by the body as real food. I'm assuming the barley drink is your source of fiber? A cleanse will cause alot of water to be flushed from your system, and it will only look like you lost weight. But I'm sure you know, the minute you drink a few glasses of liquid, and eat a little food, the weight will come right back. Please dont dehydrate yourself, its soooo very bad for your whole system and is not real weight loss.

I bet you can do the diet for 30 days, but please no longer!! You dont need to be tiny!! I am only saying these things because I used to have an eating disorder and I remember clearly thinking the very same things you are saying. I kept thinking if I was just thinner, 'so and so' might love me more, or I'll be more popular if I was just 10 pounds lighter. I was obsessively weighing myself on the scale, 3 and 4 times a day. I was a skeleton and still not happy.

One day I realised- I gotta love me first, (and I do now) before anyone else can love me. I realised I LIKE to eat yummy food (in moderation). I decided to go by my DR.'s reccomendation of 5 pounds for every inch over 5" feet for women, starting at 105 for a five foot woman- which means at 5 feet you should be between 100 and 105, and add 5 lbs for every inch. I'm happy to be very close to that 5 kids later (if I could just grow 2 more inches, I'd be spot on!!!). But I refuse to obsess anymore. There is waaaaaay to much more to life than how some skinny jeans fit.( But thats just what MY DR. said- yours will tell you different because youre a guy.)

PLease be careful and remember there is alot of info available on the internet, please do research before starting any extreme diet.

I'm sorry if I am out of line, not trying to tell you what to do- Just hoping to encourage you to look at this plan, and your motives, with a more critical eye.

10. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Chickaloon, Alaska
    Quote:Tell me more??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by