I am doing portraits of my hens, as they lay their first eggs...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Cheep, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Cheep

Cheep Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2010
    Sebastopol, CA
    Here is Trixie, who laid my very 1st little brown egg on July 26. Since then, she has laid an egg almost every day, & they are almost regular size now
    [​IMG]

Next came Daisy, who had me stumped while she got her dyeworks running smoothly (with bright yellow streaks & various shades of cream), but she's been fairly regular for about a week, & they're now white, and nearly normal size now.
    [​IMG]

This morning, for the 1st time, I got 2 white eggs, so the other one has to be from my littlest one, Sunny:
    [​IMG]

Then, wonder of wonders - this morning I got a lovely light green egg, & I happened to catch her celebration after laying it, so I know I can thank Sophie:
    [​IMG]

and, late this morning, I got a 2nd brown egg, which has to be from my GLW, Chocklick:
    [​IMG]
    Chocklick is sitting for her portrait as we speak.

So, 5 down & 1 to go - my 2nd EE, Coco. She is bottom of the pecking order, & very sensitive. I am keeping my fingers crossed for her.

2. sewingca

sewingca Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    Sweet [​IMG]

3. Quailbuddy

Quailbuddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2010
    Sonoma County CA
    Thats such a creative and cute idea ! [​IMG]

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Lovely ladies working hard!

5. Stranazingarella

Stranazingarella Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2010
    These are great! I love the idea!

6. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    The God-light on Trixie is awesome. Sunny also has a striking pose. You should be very proud of your birds and your creative artwork! Congratulations on the eggs!

7. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    I love your framing (read as jealous of your abilities). [​IMG]
    Chocklick must be your what- sad step daughter?- she didnt get a pretty frame or any bright rays from heaven. Poor Chocklick.[​IMG]

8. Cheep

Cheep Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2010
    Sebastopol, CA
    Quote:[​IMG]

Oh dear, it's so hard to be a mother & get things right all the time. Chocklick laid her 1st egg today, so I didn't have her portrait done yet, but I thought I'd better include her anyway.
    I hope someday she'll forgive me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by