I am feeling sad tonight :(

Here are my boys I had to say goodbye to today
sad.png
They were such good boys, but I will only have 2 by Saturday and all shoul dbe back to normal, but I will miss these guys.

Baby Red
524_sdc11418.jpg

Rexie
524_sdc11426.jpg

My baby, GoldenBoy
524_sdc11427.jpg

Thank you everyone, really..thank you for helping me feel ok about this hard choice...

Last edited:
That is exactly the problem I was having here. my younger Delaware Blue Hen roo started terrorizing his own father and drove him completely out of the yard and coops. Then he got the other roos to be mean to the dad too! Poor Ceasar was out in the bushes for days and I couln't catch him, now I make sure he gets in every night. Once his son, Corky, is gone, everything will be back to normal. My main roo is a Partridge Cochin and causes no problems with anyone. He is almost 2 and is as sweet as can be.

I just couldn't have the 3 of them ganging up on Ceasar like that.

Last edited:
By the time I realized what was happening between Teeny and Lacey, Lacey was a mess. He had actually lost some weight and had missing feathers... I thought he was starting to molt, until I happened to see Teeny chasing him all around the run. It was quite a sight too because Lacey acted like he was about to be murdered. Can't help but
lol.png
a little when I think back on it now!

It'll get easier as time goes by and things get back to normal with your birds.

It's always hard to give up your chicken friends, but you are doing the right thing and they are going to a great home. At least you can still see them and find out how they are doing. You are spreading "Chicken Joy" to another person and that's a great gift.
big_smile.png

Thanks you guys
hugs.gif
It was a bit weird to not see them this morning and not hear the throughout the day, but I will find out soon how they are doing. Looks like he will be back to pick up the trouble maker too..lol.

Back
Top Bottom